Air Fryer Lamb Chops, a quick and healthy air fryer meat dish recipe with a light and fresh mint, citrus, and herb marinade.
- 4 Bone in Lamb chops (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs.). Excess fat trimmed, if desired.
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper each
- 3–4 Tablespoons lemon juice (1/2 large lemon, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint – chopped (extra whole mint leaves for garnishing)
- 2 small shallots, sliced for frying
- Sliced lemon for garnishing
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Set aside. *Reserve 2+ tablespoons for plated cooked chops)
- Place lamb chops in a ziplock bag or glass container. Pour marinade on top and seal.
- Marinade lamb at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- While the lamb is marinating, preheat the air fryer to 400F. If you don’t have a preheat option, then turn the air fryer on for 2 minutes. Stop, then place on 400 F again.
- Place marinated lamb chops and sliced shallots in an air fryer for 12-14 minutes, turning the chop over halfway through cooking. Note – You can check on the cooking by opening the drawer.
- Cook chops until they reach a minimum internal temp of 145°F . Cook time will vary depending on thickness of lamb and type of air fryer. These 1 1/4-inch chops took 12 minutes.
- Once the chops have cooked to the desire of doneness, remove and set on a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle reserved marinade on top of lamb chops. Salt/pepper to taste
- Garnish plate with air fried shallot, mint and lemon, if desired.
Oven option– Preheat the oven to 400F. Place marinated lamb chops in an oven safe dish or pan for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway. Broil last minute for extra crispy edges. Internal temperature should reach 145F. Once cooked, remove chops from the oven and let them rest before serving/slicing.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: meat
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american/new zealand
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 197.8 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 55.4 mg
Keywords: lamb chops, lamb, air fryer lamb chops, marinated lamb chops, lamb chops in the air fryer, healthy, paleo