Golden Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are kid friendly, paleo, Whole30, gluten free and grain free. Make this recipe for healthy baked chicken strips in an air fryer or oven.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups blanched almond flour (an estimate – use more if not sure)
- 1 tsp fine grain sea salt or seasoned salt blend of choice
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 large egg, whisked
- In a wide bowl or shallow dish, combine the almond flour, salt, turmeric, garlic powder, and black pepper. Whisk together with fork to combine the flavors. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg in a wide bowl and set aside.
- Coat one chicken tender at a time in the whisked egg bowl, and then dredge in the turmeric almond flour mixture. Place in air fryer or on lined baking sheet (if using oven). Repeat until you have coated all the chicken strips in the almond flour mixture.
- AIR FRY at 370 F. for 16 -17 minutes. OVEN option – Place breaded chicken on lined baking sheet then cook in preheated oven at 400 F for 20 -22 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Remove when internal temperature reaches 163 F. and place on hot plate to rest for 5 minutes. The chicken will continue to cook to a safe internal temperature of 165 F.
- Serve or cool and store for later. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Depending on what type of air fryer you have, you may need to adjust cooking times. I used Krups Air Fryer.
- Category: Main
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer chicken tenders, healthy baked chicken strips, air fried chicken tenders, chicken breasts