Healthy, vegan friendly, paleo baklava bars are packed full of sweet nutty flavor and healthy fats. Taste like dessert, but made with REAL FOOD.
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (see notes for substitutes)
- 1/2 heaping cup chopped walnuts or pecans (about 1/2 c 2 tbsp total)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey (maple syrup or brown rice syrup for vegans)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup creamy tahini or smooth almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- Dash ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- First, make sure your nuts are chopped. It’s easier just to buy pre-chopped, but both work.
- In a skillet or pan, toast chopped nuts, almond meal, coconut oil , and salt until lightly coated toasted, about 2 minutes to 3 minutes max.
- Mix in honey until it bubbles, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Next place your nuts in a bowl and mix in almond butter or tahini , extract, and coconut flour.
- Spread and flatten into 8×8 dish to cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Slice into into squares and wrap each square in plastic wrap or foil to hold the texture.
- Keep in fridge due to coconut oil
- Feel free to add in coconut or any other dried fruit to the mix when toasting nuts!
- If you prefer, you can use pistachios versus hazelnuts, but they might not bind as well to hold the bars.
- ESTIMATED NUTRITION PER BAR below. Varies depending on the nuts you use.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 7.4g
- Sodium: 39.4mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: paleo, baklava, vegetarian, vegan, dessert bars