Peppery Broccoli Arugula Pesto packed with nutrition and flavor! Vegan friendly.
- 2 cup broccoli – chopped without stems
- 1/2 cup smoked or roasted almonds
- 1/3 c nutritional yeast or parmesan
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup arugula
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper pepper
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- 1/2 c to 2/3 c olive oil
- First make sure your broccoli stems are cut off. You just want to use the floret part. Place broccoli in food processor first, and blend until finely chopped.
- Add in your almonds, nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan), seasonings, and arugula . Blend and pulse again until all is mixed.
- Squeeze the lemon evenly around the blended pesto.
Then close the lid, except for the the top hole, and place food processor on low. Slowly add in oil while food processor is going. Stop and scrape sides if needed. Pulse until smooth. If you want thinner pesto, add more oil or a touch water. Adjust salt/pepper to taste if needed.
This recipe will make almost 2 cups of pesto.
- Category: sauce
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 62.7 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.4 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.7 mg
Keywords: pesto sauce