This might just be the most random post I’ve ever written. But that’s ok. Sometimes I think it’s okay to throw those thoughts out there alond with pictures. That’s why I think Instagram is so popular.
Anyway, today I’ve got lots of trying to do in the kitchen so a quick BUT fun post is in order.
Words of Wisdom Wednesday! No I didn’t come up with that, but I wish I did.
Words of Wisdom Wednesday………
- Always savor cookies made by a friend. Especially if they are gluten free and dairy free and made with love. Thanks Katie, these go perfect with my tea fetish right now!
2. Don’t get stuck in a rut with breakfast. I don’t think I ever eat the same breakfast 2 days in a row. I just can’t! I need variety and my body is always craving something different. Lifeway Kefir with Mila, dried cranberries, banana, and sun butter on the left. Love Grown Peach Vanilla Hot Oats with almond butter and goats milk yogurt on the right.
3. If you’re on a budget, switch up your sammy (aka sandwich). We’re trying to save a little more each month so I’m buying less meat and using up more of what we have on hand.
GF toasted bread with nut butter, organic cream cheese, banana, and molasses. Don’t knock it till you try it. I use Molasses because it’s rich in iron and since we’re cutting back on meat, we need to get our iron from other sources.
4. Always test out your new running shoes indoors first (ok this is just my theory). I wear them inside for one or two workouts before taking them on a real run outside. Don’t ask me why, I just do.
5. Read the FINE LINE on FOOD labels. I hate to say it but our FOOD is becoming less healthy each day. I wish we would just leave everything in it’s natural state, but that ain’t gonna happen with our FDA regulations. Therefore, read read read. You can’t always avoid it but you can be more AWARE of it. Yes? P.S. I know agave is listed here. I don’t think it’s a bad ingredient, but for those who are watching their fructose intake, they might need to be careful with consuming too much of it. Click the picture for more info.
6. It’s the BUSIEST season at the gym. Lots of people trying to get healthy and stay healthy! Instead of getting annoyed, just get there early! You’ll have more space and a guaranteed spot in a class.
7. And last but not least…. TRUST in GOD’S plan. This is the hardest for me to take in right now. I don’t know what our future looks like. I don’t know if my husband will still be able to race. I don’t know if our dreams will ever take off or if our hard work will come to fruition, BUT….. I know that GOD’S plans are already laid out, we must FOCUS on living each day and trust GOD each moment to moment.
I need more wisdom today. Tell me some!
One of the things i failed to mention is wisdom in blogging. A good friend once told me to NEVER APOLOGIZE for taking the time to take care of your needs and your families needs. The past couple of weeks have been about that. And I”m thinking another week is in order to get things on track. I’ve hit READ ALL in my reader several times and not responded to emails/comments right away. I’ve also blogged less. Less is more for me right now so thank you for understanding. That’s WISDOM!