Here are some simple ways to host an impromptu wine and cheese party that can be put together in a day! Dairy free options too.
- sweet pickles such as cornichon
- Arrangement of crackers and herbed gluten free crackers (these paleo crackers are my favorite).
- 2 –3 small bowls of nuts such as marcona almonds and candied nuts
- Fresh fruit like grapes, pomegranate, apple and/or orange slices
- Dried figs and apricots
- Marinated spanish olives
- 1 to 2 bars (broken into pieces) of rich dark chocolate
- Fresh berries (1 or 2 pint containers)
- Small bowls to fill with preserves and pepper jelly
- hummus and other dipping sauces like mustards or red pepper sauce
- An assortment of Artisan meats – prosciutto, salami, (I prefer the less processed uncured meats like Creminelli). Plus they have snack packs! You could even add smoked salmon for meat free option
- Garnishes of Herbs, mini pumpkins, and pretty flowers, just for kicks!
- Other optional adds ons –
A few Cheese suggestions:
- Wedge of regular or smoked Gouda – great with red wine
- Aged cheddar – mini rounds work well to pair with crackers
- Wedges of Parmesan
- Manchego – a sheep milk cheese (for those sensitive to cow’s milk)
- Brie with honey
- Feta blocks (broken up to spread around board)
MORE CHEESE SUGGESTIONS with WINE PAIRINGS ON BLOG POST
VEGAN or DAIRY FREE OPTIONS–
- Arrange onto one large cheese board or 2-3 smaller boards. Marble or Wooden boards are more festive!
- Focus on colors and combos. Ex: Orange and red (meats and fruit and crackers). Greens and yellows (pickles, olives, dips, nuts.). Throw it all together now and garnish with a herbs and flowers.
- Serve with a variety of wine and sparkling wines!
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese boards, appetizers, cheese and wine, healthy, holiday entertaining