This Month Jason is focusing on Spring/Summer time grilling recipes. Good thing because it’s already 85F here and turning on my oven is not fun. Grilling is a must! Those of you who still have snow, I’m sorry. Feel free to visit.
Grilling is also a must for a man (aka the husband) who is AMPING up his training. His next race is Captex on May 27th. This week’s training has been INSTENSE, and so is his appetite. We’ve gone through dozens of eggs, bacon, oatmeal, smoothies, pro bars, larabars, nuttzo sandwiches, turkey wraps, etc. Grilling anything and everything allow me to make more meats and veggies in advance, which I can later throw into an omelet, rice, wrap, salad, etc. What can I say, I’m scrappy like that!
Here’s my #endurance Foodie Recipe for the week. It’s A FAVORITE!
Grilled Balsamic Fennel and Trout.
- 1 fennel bulb
- honey lime dressing or marinade
- balsamic vinegar
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- garlic (minced)
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Trout Fillets
- mini bell peppers
- Cut your fennel bulb in half with the stem still attached. Then cut bulb into wedges. Take the stem and pull off leaves (seeds). Arrange the bulb pieces in a baking dish and lightly drizzle each of your vinegars and dressings over the wedges. I would say about 1-2 tbsp of each. Then sprinkle your seasoning on top (about 1 tsp of each) along with the rest of your fennel leaves.
- Season your trout with a little olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper, and onion (optional).
- Place everything in foil (bell pepper included) and seal up half way. Place on grill for about 15 minutes. The trout may grill faster, so check after 10 minutes.
Now for the food and beverage finds. I guess this could count as Food Finds meets WIAW, because we have consumed all these goodies today already. MEGA COTTER CRUNCH.
Raw Kombucha Soda– need I say more? Best of both words here. Especially on a hot summer day. Another local favorite.
New ALT Larabars. These are similar texture to the original larbars but have 10 grams pea protein in each bar. Same great flavor! I like the Lemon Pound Cake. They are currently at a few Whole Foods and hope to get into more throughout the nation soon.
And lastly, Pistachio Cranberry Chewy bites. These are like little prepackaged fruit and nut bars with only three ingredients; pistachio, agave nectar, and cranberries. 100% all natural, gluten and dairy free, low in sodium, GMO free, and vegan. Great to throw in your purse for on the go snacks. Best place to buy them is on Amazon.
Okay, I’m done talking about food. Let’s eat some!
For more #endurance Food recipes, check out the following line up!
- Brittany – The Fit Formula
- Donna – Beating Limitations
- Meg – Gillmer Girl
- Adrienne – Six Kick Switch
- Ann – Anns Running Commentary
Favorite thing to Grill? Share it!
Good Luck to Jason this weekend at Ironman Texas!!! We’re cheering for you!