Greek Venison Sausage Patties
- Lean meat or game meat (venison, lamb, ostrich, etc.)- ½ lb. to 1lb.
- Greek seasoning or you can make your own with the following.
- /4 teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ⅛ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ⅛ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- balsamic vinegar
- dill (optional)
- 1 egg (yolk and white separated)
- Greek yogurt or plain goats milk yogurt for topping
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- spicy ketchup or sriracha sauce
Place ground meat in bowl and mix with hands. Add in spices, 1-2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, and egg yolk. Mix again and form into patties. Should make anywhere between 2-4 patties. Get skillet ready, heat with a little oil on medium heat. Lightly coat your patties with the egg white and then place on skillet. Cook thoroughly (both sides) until meat is medium to well done. Remove from skillet and place on bed of salad/vegetables. Add a few tables of Greek yogurt/goat milk yogurt. Sprinkle with paprika and ketchup or sriracha sauce.
**I like to fancy up the salad with raw cashews, dried berries, and maybe even some dill pepper.
And with that being said, Jen over at Peas and Crayons is up to it again. Another great link connection and this recipe is perfect for “initiation”. Well at least I think so. hehe.
I hope everyone gets time to DISCONNECT this weekend. Take time to cook a fun meal with loved ones, play outside, or just veg. Whatever your heart desires!
I think I get to go on a hot date tomorrow night, or so I’m told.