Italian Chicken and Spinach Casserole (Paleo, Keto friendly).A Meal Prep Recipe Using 5 Ingredients.
- ¾ lb roasted chicken – shredded (or sliced gluten free chicken sausage)
- ½ c cultured sour cream or paleo mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup or more sliced zucchini (pressed with paper towel to remove extra water)
- 2 cups Spinach leaf
- Diced canned tomatoes or a diced tomato pasta sauce. Drain excess tomato juice before using. (If using canned tomatoes, buy Italian and herb flavor).
- Kosher salt/pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 350 F and oil your casserole dish/meal prep container. If meal prepping without baking, skip preheat.
- Toss your chicken in sour cream or mayo. Mix in garlic powder and italian seasoning. Set aside.
- next Layer your zucchini and spinach at the bottom of the casserole. Save extra for topping.
- Place your chicken mix on top of the spinach and chicken.
- Last, spoon your tomato mix on top of the chicken. Add any extra zucchini or spinach on top. Be sure the tomatoes and zucchini are not too watery otherwise the dish will accumulate water when baking.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Freeze after cooked if using for meal prep. (Freeze for up to 3 months)
Alternatively, you can also SKIP BAKING and just store prepped casserole in fridge, covered, until until ready to bake. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Oven safe meal prep casserole dish I use.
- TO AVOID EXCESS WATER in casserole – You can also lightly bake your zucchini slices in oven at 400 for 10 minutes before adding them to the casserole. This will remove water.
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Keto, paleo, meal prep, casserole, Italian, chicken,healthy, low carb, make ahead, dinner