Meal Prep Recipe – Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Bake (vegan, gluten free)
- Two 15 oz canned drained chickpeas
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp + Curry powder or seasoning
- 1 tbsp oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked white rice or brown rice
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Optional handful of spinach or herbs
- See notes for extra ingredient options – to top
- Preheat oven to 350 F and oil 12×8 glass casserole dish/meal prep container. If meal prepping without baking, skip preheat.
- Toss your chickpeas and cauliflower florets in curry powder with 1 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Next mix in your rice and toss again. Layer all in oven safe casserole dish.
- Stuff spinach or herbs within the rice/cauliflower.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Freeze after cooked if using for meal prep. (Freeze for up to 3 months)
- Alternatively, you can also SKIP BAKING and just store prepped casserole in fridge, covered, until until ready to bake. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Sprinkle with extra curry powder, garlic, pepper, etc before serving.
- Feel free to mix in your favorite curry sauce or add a tbsp of nutritional yeast for “cheesy” vegan option.
Oven safe meal prep casserole dish I use.
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: meal prep, vegan, casserole, curry, healthy, gluten free, cauliflower, rice