1) In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. 2) Grate the cold butter into the flour, and using two hands, gently combine the batter.
3) Make a well in the center of the mixture. Whisk the egg and 1 cup of buttermilk and pour into well. 4) Fold everything together with a large spoon.
5) Place dough on floured work surface or parchment paper. With floured hands, gently form dough into ball. 6) Dust top with flour and gently roll into rectangle 7-inches wide.
7) Cut the dough horizontally into 3 even sections. Stack each section on top of each other. Repeat the process. by cutting, stacking, and pressing the dough together once more.
8) Finally roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. 9) Using a 30inch biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut into biscuits.
10) Place biscuit dough round on baking sheet, cover and chill for 10 minutes. 11) Remove from fridge, brush tops with extra buttermilk/egg mixture.
12) Bake the biscuits for 15-20 minutes at 425. Check their progress at 15 minutes for rising and goldening. 13) Remove from oven and serve warm.
FULL RECIPE AT: