This vegan meal prep recipe is quick and easy to put together, using just a few simple ingredients! It’s a cauliflower bake full of fiber and plant-based protein. See the notes for a lower carb option.
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained (see notes for substitutes)
- 1 lb cauliflower florets (around 3–4 cups)
- 1+ tsp curry seasoning (see notes) or 2 tbsp curry sauce of your choice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4–5 cups cooked rice and/or cauliflower rice (you can combine if desired)
- Optional handful of spinach or leafy greens of choice
- See notes for extra ingredient options – to top (i.e cheese or nutritional yeast to top, herbs, lemon, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and oil 12×8 casserole dish or glass meal prep container. 9×13 containers work as well but you might need extra rice to fill. If meal prepping without baking, skip preheat.
- Toss your chickpeas and cauliflower florets in curry powder with 1 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, layer your cooked rice or cauliflower rice (a mix of both will also work) at the bottom of your oven safe casserole dish.
- Layer the chickpea and cauliflower on top.
- Stuff spinach or herbs within the rice/cauliflower. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for vegan option. See notes for substitutes.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Freeze after cooked if using for meal prep. (Freeze for up to 3 months)
- Alternatively, you can also SKIP BAKING and just store prepped casserole in fridge, covered, until until ready to bake. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Sprinkle with extra curry powder, garlic, pepper, sliced lemon, etc before serving.
- Homemade curry seasoning option – 1/2 tsp ground cumin + 1/4 tsp chili flakes (omit for nightshade free), 1/8 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp ground coriander, 1/8 tsp black pepper.
- Feel free to mix in a tbsp of nutritional yeast for “cheesy” vegan option. Not vegan? Add parmesan on top!
- Lower carb vegetarian option → Substitute rice and chickpeas with cauliflower rice and mushrooms or green beans.
- This is the oven safe meal prep casserole dish I use or Ello has a great 9×13 duraglass baking dish with lid.
Nutrition Below based off using half rice and half cauliflower rice as the base layer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: indian
- Serving Size: 1.25 cups
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 460 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 grams
Keywords: meal prep, vegan, casserole, curry, healthy, gluten free, cauliflower bake, cauliflower rice