Vegan ice cream sits in the middle of this delicious ice cream bread. You can use any flavor of dairy free ice cream you like. Get your kids into the kitchen to make this delicious gluten free dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use Bobs Red Mill brand)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional) – see notes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups softened vegan ice cream
- Mix in of choice – we use dye free (natural) sprinkles!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together your dry ingredients together.
- Mix in the ice cream and stir until a smooth batter is formed.
- Gently fold in your favorite toppings (i.e sprinkles, chocolate, etc.)
- Pour into the prepared bread pan and bake at 350 F. for 40 to 45 minutes.
- You only need a tablespoon of sugar for the entire recipe. You can omit it if you want, or use your favorite sugar alternative. The bread is not too sweet, it varies depending on the ice cream flavor. So feel free to add more or less sugar to make it more a “dessert” bread.
- Category: desserts
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan ice cream, ice cream bread, vegan dessert, gluten free dessert, dairy free dessert