Vegan Cranberry Almond Molasses Cookies (gluten free)
- 1 cup gluten free rice flour or cassava flour if paleo (Gluten free 1:1 flour works too)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp potato starch or arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 –3 tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup almond butter (smooth and creamy)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Cinnamon sugar topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a baking sheet or line with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix your first 5 dry ingredients together. In another glass bowl, heat your almond milk for about 90 seconds. Then add this to your dry ingredients.
- Mix well and then add in your applesauce and nut butter.
- Mix again.
- Finally add in your remaining extracts, spices, and fold in your cranberries.
- Let the batter cool in fridge for a few minutes.
- Remove then roll dough into 1-2 in balls and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Press each ball down flat with fork or hand. Best to use with a little extra flour on the hand.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and no longer soft on the outside.
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar before serving if desired.
Cooking outcomes based on flour used:
Cook longer if you want the cookies to be more crisp or less if more soft. Check cooking time at 15 minutes to make sure.
If you are using Gluten Free flour 1:1, the cookies will bake up to be more chewy and less crisp. Still delicious!
The cassava flour we use is from Ottos Naturals.