Easiest, tastiest, Paleo and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3c melted coconut oil or clarified butter
- 1/4 c maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c fine almond flour (We use Bobs Red Mill)
- 1/2 c tapioca flour (see notes for alternative)
- 1/4 tsp sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp raw sugar or coconut sugar (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Foods)
- Optional Add-ins – Cocoa powder, Chocolate liquor optional, extra chopped nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt your coconut oil or butter. Place in bowl and whisk with maple syrup and vanilla.
- Next sift together your almond flour, tapioca, baking soda, and salt. Mix in optional coconut sugar and pinch of cinnamon. *You can use 1/3 c coconut flour if you don’t have tapioca flour. See notes for instructions*
- Gently add the dry batter to your wet ingredient bowl. Mix together. Fold in dark chocolate chips. Let batter sit in fridge for 20 min or longer.
- While that is sitting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a slipmat.
- Scoop on lined baking sheet. Press each scoop flat (just a tad) with palm of had or back of spatula.
- Bake at 350F 12 -14 min (longer at altitude). Check at 10 minutes for doneness. Bottom should be crispy or golden brown.
- Optional sprinkle of cocoa powder if desired.
- Remove and let cool.
- Store in air tight container or freeze for up to 6 months.
- makes 15-16 cookies
If you use coconut flour vs tapioca flour, the batter doesn’t bind as well but will still bake up nicely! I would add more sugar or maple syrup to even out taste. The shape will just be a little different and the texture. Personally, I like the lighter texture of tapioca flour best. Make sure to COOL completely before removing from baking sheet. Usually bake around 10-14 minutes as well. Check at 10 minutes.
Fun add ins – 1-2 tbsp chocolate liquor or espresso!
Estimated Nutrition per cookie:
130 to 135 calories. 9 grams of fat 11 carbohydrates 1.5 grams of fiber 5 grams of sugar 2.5 grams of protein
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: dessert