Tuna noodle casserole is one of the best back to school meal prep recipes. It’s simple to make and yet, so satisfying!
See notes first if you are doubling the recipe
- 8 oz cooked gluten free pasta or noodles (lentil pasta) (more if doubling)
- Olive Oil to drizzle (extra to mix with hummus)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz (1–2 cans drained) Albacore tuna or salmon
- 3/4 cup regular or garlic flavored hummus (divided) – see notes for other options
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Toss cooked pasta in 1 tbsp oil and salt/pepper to taste.
- Layer pasta on bottom of a casserole dish. 9×13 if you are doubling the recipe.
- Drain your tuna and place in bowl. Mix with 1/2 cup garlic hummus (or hummus mixed with 1 tsp minced garlic)
- Layer on top of pasta.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup hummus with 2 tbsp olive oil. Whisk in a bowl until creamy.
- Layer the spinach and broccoli on top of tuna in the casserole dish. Add your creamy hummus/oil mix on top.
- Add any extra seasoning you’d like. Taste/adjust. Set aside.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Freeze after cooked if using for meal prep. (Freeze for up to 3 months)
- Alternatively, you can also SKIP BAKING and just store prepped casserole in fridge, covered, until until ready to bake. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- If doubling add more oil to pasta first and a bit of milk or broth. Mix all together or layer. Both work! Rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice would also work to replace pasta. Feel to skip tuna for vegetarian option or add chickpeas to make vegan.
- If you want to meal prep this casserole, I recommend using this 12×8 glass meal prep casserole dish. It freezes well too!
- I like to use garlic flavored hummus for extra flavor! If you don’t have garlic hummus, just mix 1 tsp minced garlic in with the regular hummus and olive oil.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 620.2 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4 g
- Fiber: 8.8 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
- Cholesterol: 19 mg
Keywords: meal prep, gluten free, dairy free, casserole, pasta, healthy, gluten free