Okay, so I may be posting this late on Tuesday but I can’t pass up a good alliteration for a post, am I right?
And after posting this picture on instagram this morning, I thought I might have some explaining to do anyway, hence the TUMMY TALK.
So pull up a chair and a cup of coffee or tea and let’s get GUTSY, right Sarah?
Here’s my daily line up. Yep, all these play a HUGE part of my gut health.
In the vlog below (yes I realize it’s long), I talk about WHY I started taking these supplements and how they work. I’ll also do a mini recap below.
The ReNew Life Kids Probiotic Chewables were sent to me by Renew Life Inc. I actually requested the kids chewables. Haha, yes, I like candy tasting supplements. But these are 100% natural with nothing artificial.
I mentioned in the vlog how I use them, but just wanted to repeat it here. They are great a daily probiotic, taken with meals. I always feel BETTER when I load up on probiotics, especially during times of stress or traveling. These have been great for both! Kids will love them, Mom approved too! You can always buy the ReNEW FLORA (regular or kids). This is basically a mega dose of probiotics. I highly recommend it! 3 billion HEALTHY BACTERIA in one chewable. And again, nothing artificial. No dyes, fake sugars, etc. You can see more information about their FLORA line here.
Here’s why (as mentioned in the vlog).
- Glutamine– Glutamine is a key amino acid that supports muscle and gastrointestinal tract health while promoting intestinal mucosa health. Glutamine is necessary in the production of glutathione, a key liver nutrient.
- HCl-created to assist the body’s natural stomach acids in the digestion and absorption of nutrients, especially protein, vitamin B12, calcium, iron and other minerals.
- Boosts strength, stamina and lean muscle mass production
- Promotes healthy intestinal flora and supports the entire GI tract
- Encourages cellular re-growth for healthy skin, bones, muscles, nerves and cartilage
- Probiotics- see above
- Digestase (enzymes)-plant-based enzyme formula supports the digestion of carbohydrates and protein. The one I use is actually used for those who are gluten-intolerant and who eat out at restaurants, Digestase-SP™ is an excellent formula to take after each restaurant meal (which may have hidden gluten in certain foods).
I prefer chewables or tablets, not powders. Just my preference. Powders are too much work for me. But I do have other health professionals who prefer it. You can easily add powders to shakes, yogurt, etc.
So there’s my tummy talk Tuesday. It’s short and to the point. If you have time, watch the vlog and here my story why. But bottom line, we all need gut health help, especially those who are active and under stress. Start taking care of that gut before it’s too late!
Anyone else have some KEY gut health supplements? Any other tummy talk questions?