These paleo banana bread muffins are quick to make and delicious! Refined sugar free, gluten free, soft, fluffy, and addicting.
- 1/2 cup shredded (large flake) unsweetened coconut
- 2 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seed (ground)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large ripe bananas
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil or clarified butter (cooled and melted)
- 4 tbsp of either Maple Syrup or molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spread you coconut on a baking sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes. Check at 5 minutes to see progress. To make sure the coconut toasts evenly, toss half way between baking. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix your almond flour, baking powder, spices, and flax. In another bowl whisk your eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup, and melted oil or butter. Place your bananas in a mixer or mash until soft, add your egg batter and mix until smooth batter is formed. A stand mixer or hand mixer works.
- In a small bowl, combine your baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Wait till it bubbles then add this to your banana egg mix batter. Gently stir.
- Pour your wet mix (with the banana) in with the dry flour/spice mix and gently mix all together.
- Fold in 1/3 cup toasted coconut.
- Spoon into muffin cups to fill 2/3 to 3/4 way full. Top with extra toasted coconut, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you want these muffins sweeter, then add 1/4 cup baking Stevia or xylitol to the egg batter. (optional)
- Drizzle with melted butter or maple syrup on top after baking. Optional
- These muffins are light in texture. Depending on your oven, they may bake up after 20 or up to 30 minutes. Check at 20 minutes.
- They keep well in freezer for weeks.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: paleo banana bread, banana bread muffins, refined sugar free, gluten free