I know what your thinking… “oh boy, not another corny/mushy post from that Cotter.” Well, have no fear. This one is short but SWEET! I think you’ll get my drift here in a minute. Stay with me.
The past few weeks have been a crazy ride but it really made think about something, the journey. Our Journey! I feel like each year is a roll coaster ride of emotions, of trust, and of faith. But the one thing that has kept us grounded are the people we have met along the way. So many WONDERFUL and SUPPORTIVE people that we have come to build friendships with.
Pineapple Honey Rum Cornbread
- 3 cups Cornbread Mix (I used Bob Red Mills GF Cornbread mix)
- 1 ¼ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 cup dried pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- ½ to 1 tsp. Rum extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp. water (only if batter is too thick)
Pour mix into large bowl. Add your milk and eggs, stir a little, then add in the remaining ingredients. Stir or use a mixer until batter is thoroughly mixed. Might be a little thick. Pour into 2 mini loaf pans or a 12 muffin cup pan. Place a few pineapple chunks on top of batter for decoration.