Finally, a post without a cookie or chocolate picture. Although, I’m sure it won’t last long.
Anyway, remember my growth opportunity, time management? Well it’s been working well this the past week. Awesome! Just need to keep it going! I realized there no sense in stressing over making a “from scratch” meal every night and there’s no sense in stressing over how much time I get to workout. If I plan some time, I’’ll get it done and maybe have some time to spare! How about an hour of each? An hour or less to make a delicious meal and an hour or less to get in a good workout. This is my focus during the week. The weekend is whole other story! hehe.
No Sweat Salmon Squash
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Amino Acids GF soy sauce (or regular soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (deli, brown, spicy, your choice)
- 1 teaspoon flour (I used arrowroot)
- 2 tablespoon chopped Chives
- 1 ½ cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- 6oz salmon fillet chunks (I used Alaskan canned salmon)
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash **
- salt and pepper to preference
How to make it
- Whisk the soy sauce, honey, water, garlic and arrowroot flour in skillet.
- Then turn on heat and cook over medium setting.
- Add in chives bit by bit.
- Warm the frozen pea/carrots and add to mixture.
- Add in the mustard, vinegar, and the salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring about every minute allowing the sauce to lightly coat everything.
- Separate into two servings and scoop over warm spaghetti squash. The hubs wanted extra spice and added Cholula sauce on top of course!
**NOTE- To cook squash, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Split the squash, remove the seeds with a tablespoon. Place it in a baking dish (face down) with a little water in dish. Leave it in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
Serves about 3. We actually had some leftover. Yes! This was Easy Peasy! No sweat!
Okay ready for round 2? Ready, set…..SWEAT!
Tabata Strength Sweatfest
(all body weight)
- warm up- jog in place, run stairs, elliptical, etc. for 5-10 minutes.
- 1 minute low jacks (in and out jumping jacks staying in squat low with hands behind the head). Looks like this.
- Tabata work- 20 seconds on 10 seconds off (get in as many reps as you can in that 20 seconds). Do this exercise straight through 3 times. Dynamic Push-up– pushup followed by a hop (knees into chest like a burpee). See here.
- 1 minute (each leg) front kick to reverse lunge
- Tabata work- 20 seconds on 10 seconds off (get in as many reps as you can in that 20 seconds). Do this exercise straight through 3 times. Side to Side Burpees- your going to do a regular burpee but feet out to the side then perform a side push-up. Switch sides throughout the 20 seconds. See here for example.
- 1 minute v-ups on bench or floor
- Tabata work-20 seconds on 10 seconds off (get in as many reps as you can in that 20 seconds). Do this exercise straight through 3 times. Side plank lift (each side)- side plank from hand versus elbow equals more depth in the lift.
- Repeat this 1-3x then cool down with a 5-10 minute jog, spin, walk, etc.
**If you do this once, it will take around 20-30 minutes including warm up and cool down. If you do it 3x its closer to an hour. YOUR CALL! Know what your body can handle and how much time you have to do it.
Any takers? Let me know if you try either…the no sweat salmon or the sweat fest tabata. I’m off to go manage more time!