It’s a weird feeling. Somewhat tedious I’d say. You know, the feeling of in between. Ever been there? I’m sure you have. Let me explain.
The in between…..
- Not a good day but not a bad day.
- Not a good meal but not one to savor.
- Not really burnt out but pretty close to overdoing it (that’s me).
- Not really injured but kinda feeling like your on the edge one (that’s me again).
- Not really in a funk but not really embracing life.
- Not really eating right but not really making it a top priority to do so either.
- Not a great wife, friend, sister, etc. but not a bad one either (and once again, pretty sure that’s me).
Your stuck somewhere in the between stages. Kinda like the color grey, it neither black nor white. Well, I’ve noticed one thing that helps me get to that next level and that’s to take the focus off of me and place it on someone else.
- Ease up on training that day and instead take a friend to yoga with you. (Thank you Balance Yoga Austin for that today!)
Block off a couple hours in order to make a delicious nourishing meal for your family.
- Make something special for someone else (s loved one, a friend, a co-worker). Heck, that’s what we’re all about. Utilize those baking abilities!!
It was time to focus on the hubs. His needs, his wants! He’d been asking me forever to make a natural bar/cookie that he could take with him on his long rides. Just something to stick in his back pocket. Well, I got in the kitchen and had way too much fun!
(for those “in between” moments on your rides, runs, etc).
7oz Unsulphured Mission Figs
- For Potassium and Natural sugars (carbohydrates)
½ cup Raw Cashews and ⅓ cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- For good fat and natural energy (calories)
- an anti-inflammatory spice
½ Brown Rice Crispies cereal
- for good whole grains and carbs
1 tbsp. Gluten Free Brewers Yeast
- For B vitamins and Iron
Blend everything in food processor, roll into a ball, then flatten with hand. Store in freezer for later use. Makes around 11-12 cookies.
Which makes them perfect for refueling mid ride refuel or long run, or so we hope! The real test comes tomorrow when the hubshas a 4+ hour ride. So stay tuned. But as of now, we sure to like eating them as snacks!
I’m hoping to make another round of fuel cookies which will include 100% cocoa, for the mid ride chocolate fix and a healthy dose antioxidants.
Okay okay, so back to my main point here. Have you ever felt “in between?” If so, what’s your go to solution?
The hubs always tells me to “switch the focus.” I like that motto. I am pretty sure he likes it too because the focus goes to him!