Spicy Thai Pesto Chicken Noodle Bowls! These gluten free noodle bowls are delicious and easy to make! The thai pesto brings a kick of flavor and a dose of Healthy antioxidants! A dairy free dinner that’s ready in less than 45 minutes.
THAI PESTO Ingredients
- 1–2 cups thai basil leaves
- 1/3 cup tahini paste (see notes for alternative)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 garlic peeled
- 1/2 tbsp Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp or less of lemon juices
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- optional pinch of ground ginger
FOR THE CHICKEN NOODLES
- 1 Pack (8oz) of Rice Pad Thai Noodles (Explore Asian)
- sea salt
- 10–12 ounces of chicken breast (usually 2 breast work great)
- 3–4 tbsp sesame oil (additional tbsp for noodles)
- 2– 3 tbsp tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- Chili pepper topping
For the pesto:
- Clean your Basil and gently dry with towel.
- Place your basil, garlic, and walnuts in a food processor. Grind and slowly add in your tamari and oil while it’s still mixing/processing.
- Add in your chili pepper, pepper, salt, ginger, and lemon, and continue to grind or churn in the food processor until smooth and creamy. This will make about 1/2 to 2/3 cups pesto
- Spoon into a bowl and set aside.
For the chicken and noodles:
- First cook the noodles according to the package (boil with water and salt for 4-5 minutes) then drain and run under cold water. Set aside or back on the stove on low with a little oil added, maybe just a tbsp.
- Next, slice your chicken into strips. Place chicken sesame oil, tamari, and garlic in a large frying pan. Stir fry for a few minutes and then add in your mushrooms.
- Keep on medium to medium high heat until chicken and mushrooms are thoroughly cooked.Feel free to add in more oil or tamari if needed.
- Next you can combine all your ingredients together in one dish or layer them into one big bowl (as seen in picture above). Just be sure to toss all together before serving into individual bowls.
- Garnish with extra chili pepper, basil, and/or garlic/pepper if desired.
If you don’t have tahini, you can use cashew butter.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Asian