Spicy Thai Pesto Chicken Noodle Bowls! These gluten free noodle bowls are delicious and easy to make! The thai pesto brings a kick of flavor and a dose of Healthy antioxidants! A dairy free dinner that’s ready in less than 45 minutes and great for a hungry crew!
There are two types of people in this world.. er.. food world. Those who LOVE pesto and those who don’t. If you don’t love pesto, hang tight, because I just might convince you. On the other hand, almost EVERYONE I know loves pasta or noodles or. I mean, who wouldn’t? Noodles make eating more fun and they go with just about everything; bonus if they are gluten free noodle bowls, right? That being said, I have a tasty Thai/Italian chicken gluten free noodle recipe today that will definitely make you LOVE pesto. Yep, Thai Basil Pesto Chicken Gluten Free Noodle bowls! Say that three times fast!
We love noodles for their willingness to adapt, but honestly, it’s the TYPE of noodle/pasta that is KEY, don’t you think? Thick, thin, short, long, rice, bean. You get my point. And, well, Explore Asian’s gluten free brown rice noodles and bean pasta are pretty much “on point” for adapting to flavors. Yes, pun intended.. naturally.
Are you tired of me talking about noodles yet? I hope not, I have so much more to gush about… alongside this spicy thai pesto. Swoon!
Okay, so about these noodles/bean pasta. We love them and actually have been using them for YEARS! In fact, they were a staple in my husband’s diet when we was training for Ironman New Zealand earlier this year. I had to get recovery meals on the table FAST! I mean, this guy was training 40 hours a week, he ate like a horse. As a wife and Nutrition Specialist, I was glad that Explore Asian bean and brown rice noodles were quick to make and a healthy gluten free or grain free carb source we could rely on! Nothing else added, just pure wholesome ingredients. Explore Asian bean noodles also provided an awesome source of plant protein just when we (he) needed it for proper post workout recovery. The black bean and edamame pasta have about 25 grams of protein per serving! That’s impressive!
Plus I adore the fact that Explore Asian buys directly from organic farmers in Thailand. Ya, that definitely gets bonus points in my book. Oh, and the never get soggy! PRAISE THE GLUTEN FREE NOODLE GODS!
But here’s the thing, and where I’m going with this noodles galore post. Once you find the right noodle/bean pasta, the rest of the ingredients can be left up to your imagination, or to your nutritional needs, or to your cravings!
Hence my Thai Pesto Chicken Gluten Free Noodle Bowls! Extra spicy please.
Spicy Thai Pesto Chicken Gluten Free Noodle Bowls
Spicy Thai Pesto Chicken Noodle Bowls! These gluten free noodle bowls are delicious and easy to make! The thai pesto brings a kick of flavor and a dose of Healthy antioxidants! A dairy free dinner that's ready in less than 45 minutes.
- THAI PESTO Ingredients
- 1-2 cups thai basil leaves
- 1/3 cup tahini paste (see notes for alternative)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 garlic peeled
- 1/2 tbsp Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp or less of lemon juices
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- optional pinch of ground ginger
- FOR THE CHICKEN NOODLES[/b]
- 1 Pack (8oz) of Rice Pad Thai Noodles (Explore Asian)
- sea salt
- 10-12 ounces of chicken breast (usually 2 breast work great)
- 3-4 tbsp sesame oil (additional tbsp for noodles)
- 2- 3 tbsp tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- chili pepper topping
- For the pesto.
- Clean your Basil and gently dry with towel.
- Place your basil, garlic, and walnuts in a food processor. Grind and slowly add in your tamari and oil while it's still mixing/processing.
- Add in your chili pepper, pepper, salt, ginger, and lemon, and continue to grind or churn in the food processor until smooth and creamy. This will make about 1/2 to 2/3 cups pesto
- Spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- For the chicken and noodles.
- First cook the noodles according to the package (boil with water and salt for 4-5 minutes) then drain and run under cold water. Set aside or back on the stove on low with a little oil added, maybe just a tbsp.
- Next, slice your chicken into strips. Place chicken sesame oil, tamari, and garlic in a large frying pan. Stir fry for a few minutes and then add in your mushrooms.
- Keep on medium to medium high heat until chicken and mushrooms are thoroughly cooked.Feel free to add in more oil or tamari if needed.
- Next you can combine all your ingredients together in one dish or layer them into one big bowl (as seen in picture above). Just be sure to toss all together before serving into individual bowls.
- Garnish with extra chili pepper, basil, and/or garlic/pepper if desired.
if you don't have tahini, you can use cashew butter.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunchor hashtag #cottercrunch
What’s so special about this Thai Pesto? Well.. THAI BASIL OF COURSE; and the superfood ingredients I added to make it!
Thai basil is bolder and slightly spicier than any other kind of basil!
But what I like most about Thai Basil is it’s health benefits. Did you know this basil is actually called the “better basil” because of it’s magical powers?
Yep, it’s PACKED with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties! Plus, it’s said to have certain beneficial compounds that help reduce stress and anxiety. I’ll eat a bowl of Thai basil pesto and noodles right now then PLEASE! (more benefits of basil here).
So you see, these gluten free noodles by Explore Asia are quite magical. They can take almost any ingredient and help turn it into one healthy tasty dish in NO TIME! Tried and tested and Cotter approved.
Check out Explore Asia’s new protein-based bean pasta at Whole Foods, Costco and Fairway stores! You can also see there gluten free noodles and other products online as well at www.explore-asian.com.
Ever tried Thai Basil or bean pasta?
Cheers to spicy pesto and gluten free noodle bowls!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Explore Asian.
BONUS –> Contest opportunity! From November 25 – December 24, create a recipe using Explore Asian products and take a picture of your creation to enter to win a $100 gift card to Whole Foods. Include a link in your post to http://www.explore-asian.com/recipes . Recipes and pictures can be sent to [email protected].