Posted by https://www.cottercrunch.com/superfood-instant-pot-oatmeal/
© 2018 Cotter Crunch. All rights reserved.
Superfood Instant Pot Oatmeal Jars (Stove top and Slow cooker options)
Superfood Instant Pot Oatmeal in Jars (Stove top and Slow cooker options). A healthy gluten free breakfast and meal prep recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats (Bob's Redmill)
- 2 - 2.25 cups almond milk or coconut milk (drinking milk)
- 1/3 cup cream or coconut cream (see notes for substitutes)
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup chopped apple
- 1 large carrot, shredded into shavings or julienne sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins or goji berries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaxseed or chia seed
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup for extra sweetness
TOPPINGS and MIX-INS:
- Optional add-in: 1 serving (scoop) Protein powder desired (I used pea protein from Bob's Redmill)
- Fresh Blueberries to top once cooked
- Extra milk/sweetener to top if desired
Instant Pot Version:
- Place all prepped ingredients (minus toppings) in the Instant Pot. Mix together.
- Place Instant pot on pressure cook for 10 minutes, then natural release.
- Once cooked, add in optional protein, if desired.
- Spoon into 6-7 small 1 cup mason jars or 5 medium bowls.Top with blueberries. Optional honey and pinch of cinnamon/splash of milk.
Stove Top Option:
- Place milk in large sauce pan. Bring to a soft boil.
- Then place all ingredients (minus toppings and sweetener) in the pot.
- Reduce to low and cover for 20 -25 minutes or until oats have absorbed milk and are thoroughly cooked. Mix in sweetener and protein if desired.
- Spoon into jars or bowls and then add toppings.
SLOW COOKER OPTIONS:
- Follow similar instructions to that of my slow cooker savory oatmeal.
- Place all ingredients (minus protein and toppings) in slow cooker or instant pot slow cooker option.
- Mix all together and set on high 3 hrs or low for 5. Could be more or less depending on your slow cooker.
- Stir the oats in the slow cooker half way. The flaxseed with help bind everything together and thicken it up like steel cut oats.
- Add a 1/4 c more milk if you want to thin out the oats (to create more of a porridge) the last hour of cooking. Mix in protein last if using it.
- Spoon superfood oatmeal into jars or bowls. Add your toppings of choice (listed above).
- You can set this overnight if you have an automatic slow cooker that shifts to warm after 5 hrs.
These oatmeal jars keep well in fridge for one 5-7 days. You might need to add more milk or sweetener once reheated. This is just preference.
If you don't have cream or coconut cream, feel free to relpace it with more drinking milk or even yogurt.
Estimated Nutrition Per Serving for 5 (no topping or sugar)
280-285 calories; 12-13 grams of fat, 1 grams saturated fat, Sodium 120.5mg,Carbohydrate 30-32 grams, 6 grams of fiber, 6-7 grams of sugar, 5- 6.6 grams of protein. Calcium 265.1mg Iron 2.1mg
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.