Well well well, we made it to Friday. I am pretty sure half the people I know (including bloggers) were sick this week. Hopefully by now it’s all in the clear and the weekend will be free to enjoy! As for me, I am going to go lather in Mucinex D and hand sanitizer in order to stay germ free.
I do want to stay germ free, yes, but I also want to continue to stay stress free! The previous week I had seen a lot of warning signs for too much stress. I felt depleted, I worried a lot, and my body had done too much physical work. NOT GOOD! This is what led me to write in DON’T MESS with STRESS post. And ya know what? After writing it, I decided I really needed to take my own advice. STRIVE more to stress less. Practice what you preach, right?
- Less Running, More Recovery Yoga– done! Ran only once, and did yoga 2x. Spent time leisurely walking trails with the pups.
- Don’t teach more than 2 classes – this was hard. teaching means extra $$ which causes less worry. But honestly, it was a nice break for teaching so much lately.
- Take care of little aches and pains NOW- I felt a little pull in my calf last week so I immediately applied the Kinesio Tape. Gosh this stuff is MAGICAL!
- Don’t rush my quiet times in the morning- I definitely enjoyed getting up a little earlier so that I could spend more time reading my bible and writing in my prayer journal. It helped set the tone for the day.
- Eat WHOLESOME, get in some extra nutrients, especially protein!- Extra protein scoops to my smoothies, extra eggs to my breakfast, and extra quality calories in general. Luckily GOTEIN graciously sent me a pack of their Vanilla protein samples, so it was even easier to take protein with me when needed. No stress there!
Check out GOTEIN’s website and tell me what flavor looks good.
Like them on Facebook
And tell me how you STRIVE to STRESS LESS. Did you do it this week?
I’ll pick a random winner and announce next Wednesday (the 25th), deal?