Strawberry Spinach Salad with Granola Croutons. An easy healthy summer salad!
- 4–5 cups spinach leafs
- 1 cup diced or sliced radish (or other spring/summer vegetable of choice)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 c gluten free or grain free granola bars or granola to be broken into large pieces for granola croutons. Plain, honey, or berry flavor. (See notes)
- 1/2–1 avocado (sliced)
- sprouts or microgreens
- 1 ounce almond slivers, optional
- Dressing of choice – example: strawberry vinaigrette, olive oil/vinegar, poppyseed, etc.
- Wash and prepare your produce.
- Place spinach, strawberries, cut vegetables, and berries in one large bowl. Toss.
- Place granola bars in ziploc bag and smash into clusters. Sprinkle with sea salt. You may also use store bought or homemade granola, like my grain free granola, to make granola croutons. Simply toss with a bit of sea salt and save the bigger clusters for the “crouton” topping.
- Next add a few tbsp of slivered almonds on top, along with microgreens, and avocado. Top with granola croutons.
- Drizzle with favorite dressing. Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into smaller bowls to serve or serve family style.
- You may also use you are using granola, like my grain free granola, simply toss with a bit of sea salt and save the bigger clusters for the “crouton” topping.
- Favorite Gluten Free granola bars that I think make good toppings are caveman bars, kind granola bars, or Enjoy Life Foods new crispy granola bars.
- Nutrition below estimated without dressing and 180 calories grain free granola or granola bar to make “croutons.”
- Category: salad
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: salad, spinach, healthy, gluten free, vegetarian, summer salad, no bake, lunch