It’s been a strange but good week. I can’t complain. Busy, yes, but good. And the feeling of being settled is REALLY good.
I say we keep the theme going today. No over-thinking things, just keeping it light. Besides, I said enough in my last post.
Here are a few of my Food and Fitness Strange but Good (maybe even GREAT) combos of the week.
Just plain good. Just Plain strange….but Great
Saving myself a few sample Muddy Buddy Mocha Healthy Bites then licking the spatula. Yes. So good!
Also, look what i scored. A gigantic Love Grown Granola Cluster, which is just plain good. Dip in in some coconut Cream and Dark Chocolate Nuttzo and it’s just plain GREAT! Strange? Perhaps, but that’s how i roll.
Seriously, it tastes better than Nutella!
Then there is my sweat and strength class. This week my iPod strangely froze so we had to use Pandora on my friends phone, commercials and all. Strange, yes, but it ended up being a Good, almost great, class! Oh and the AC was out, that part was not so good.
Just in case you don’t know what dancing crabs are (strange I know), check out Bonnie doing them here.
I almost forgot about my Ellie outfit. What’s strange about it? Nothing, it’s all good. I know a lot of people have had issues with sizing, but STRANGELY enough, I got my order right the first time. And I really LOVE my outfit. Fabric and all! Phew! If you want to sign up and get 20%, just click on the ELLIE link on my side bar (shameless plug right there, whoops.)
Last, but not least, my strange but good Marshalls finds. Don’t you just love Marshalls for that very reason?! Where else can you buy Australian candy, gluten free mac and cheese, hair spray, sesame oil, bath mats, and cute coasters all at once? Ha ha.
Recipe: Quinoa Mac and Cheesy Satay
- 2 cups quinoa pasta noodles (you can also use regular quinoa if you prefer)
- 1.5 tablespoon organic cream cheese
- 1.5 tablespoon cashew butter (can also use other nut butter or peanut flour)
- coconut or almond milk (4 TBSP)
- Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Grilled or Roasted Chicken
- 1 tablespoon organic butter (optional)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast or brewers yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Cook pasta or quinoa according to instructions.
- Drain, then return to stove on low heat.
- Add in your cream cheese and nut butters first, stir or mix until melted.
- Then add in your seasons, chicken, nutritional yeast, milk, butter, and balsamic glaze. Mix once then cover and let them melt for a few minutes on medium low.
- Remove from heat and garnish with red pepper flakes.
- Optional: Adding any ¼ c shredded cheese of choice to make it extra CHEESEY
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings 3-4 (depends if you want it as a side dish or entree)
Let me know if you try it!
What strange but good combo happened to you this week?
Today is National Peanut Butter Lovers Day. Guess who’s giving a huge discount on their product? yep, NUTTZO! 50% OFF NuttZo Original and NuttZo CHOC online www.nuttzo.com 24HR SALE with COUPON CODE JARFULLOFLOVE (ALL CAPS- NO SPACES)