- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shelled fresh English/Spring peas or thawed frozen peas (about 5–6 ounces)
- 1–2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2–3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 5–6 oz rice noodles or kelp noodles
- 8 oz of fish, shrimp, tofu, or chicken (diced). We used sizzlefish haddock
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- fresh lime juice
- dash of black pepper
- First prepare your protein. For this, combine your garlic, honey mustard, olive oil, and tamari sauce in a small bowl. Coat your fish fillet or protein in the sauce . Grill or bake for 10-12 minutes (if using fish) at 400F. While the fish (or other protein) is cooking, rinse your noodles and add to 3-4 cups boiling water with a dash of salt. Rice noodles usually cook in about 8-10 minutes. Kelp noodles take about a minute or two. You want to cook them at medium heat then drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Remove your protein/fish from the oven. While your noodles and fish are cooling. Prepare another pot with your broth, peas , and onion. Cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes or until veggies are almost done. Then add in your noodles. Mix well. Let it simmer a few more minutes on low to get everything warm and cooked.
- Spoon noodles, veggies, and broth into bowls. Add your chopped fish or protein on top and a squeeze a little lime juice on top! Feel free to add in a dash chili pepper or black pepper too for spice!
you can easily double this recipe to serve 4! And if you are using chicken, the cooking time with be about 7-10 minutes longer in oven depending on the thickness of your chicken meat.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min