Smoked Salmon and Strawberry Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad! A healthy lower carb Zucchini noodle pasta salad with a creamy avocado sauce and paired with the fresh strawberries, spinach, and smoked salmon. This gluten free Salad bowl is perfect for a spring or summer lunch or side dish.
For the Zucchini Noodle Pasta:
- 2 zucchinis
- 2–3 tbsp Goat Cheese crumbles (see notes for dairy free option)
- 1 tsp olive oil or salted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 medium ripe avocado
IN the SALAD:
- 3 large spinach leaves (1 cup chopped)
- 3 tbsp candied walnuts or pecans
- 2 oz smoked salmon (wild caught)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries or berries
- balsamic glaze or vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- First clean and wash your veggies/fruit.
- Spiralize or shave your zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- In a small pot, place your avocado, oil, lemon, and cheese together. heat on medium until a cream in formed. A few minutes. Then mix in your zucchini noodles.
- Toss a few times to coat noodles and keep on medium to medium low for about 5 minutes or until zucchini is coated and creamy. They will be a little softer but not too soft.
- Remove from heat and add pepper if desired.
- Next chop your spinach. Keep it raw or place in microwave bowl and steam for 30 seconds to lightly steam.
- Place your zucchini noodles in a large bowl and arrange the rest of you ingredients around it.
- Garnish with candied nuts and add balsamic glaze if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve or eat as plated. Great for two or a potluck!
- For dairy free option use paleo ranch or mayo in place of goat cheese.
- Estimated NUTRITION – This serves 1 to 2
For 1 1/2 servings its around 350 Calories, 24 grams fat 5 grams saturated, 21 carbs (11 net carbs), 12 grams sugar, and 15 grams protein.
20% Iron and 150% vitamin C!
- Category: salad
- Method: toss
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: zucchini, noodle, salad, pasta salad, low carb, salmon