The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Mizuno. All opinions are OF COURSE my own.
Well, first things first. Google Reader is GONE! What will we do? We’ll adjust. Go with it. It’s probably a good thing. I’m digging Bloglovin, a simple switch. You can click to follow all your favorite bloggers right here.
And speaking of adjusting, the past 10 days have been an adjustment..FOR SURE! Texas summer HEAT, it’s here and it’s brutal. Over 100F most days and humidity high in the morning. I’m trying to adjust running in it, slowly but surely.
The second adjustment came with new running shoes. Yup! BRAND SPANKIN NEW Mizuno Wave Sayonaras!
In fact, this is the first pair of Mizunos I’ve ever owned, which made me more eager to put them on and run! But wait, that heat. Oh boy! I had to pace myself. I decided to switch up my runs in order to adjust to the heat and the new shoes. Run shorter but more often. Run on different terrain. Run in the shade. Run early. Keep it simple. Here’s what my week looked like (all in my new Mizunos)
- Sunday- Easy Trail Run (shaded)
- Monday- A few Hill Repeats (a little over a mile total on road) plus strength work
- Tuesday- Easy Trail Run (shaded)
- Wednesday- 5k Tempo run on Road plus a few sets of sprints with my conditioning class.
- Friday- 40 minute Easy trail run plus core
- Saturday- 65-70 minutes road running (easy)
Today I feel good! I feel like I adjusted to both the heat and the shoes. But I think the new shoes helped me conquer the heat. There’s something about running in new shoes that makes it more fun, yes?
Anyway, I was truly impressed with these shoes. They left a great FIRST impression and I have no doubt they will continue to impress me.
I go into full detail with the Video above but in case you can’t watch it, here’s a quick summary.
- light weight
- Nice tight heel grip (I have small heels and they did not slip out—YAY!)
- low to the ground bottom which made me run more fore foot. A bonus for stride and efficiency. Gave me a little “spring” in my step.
- Flexible toe box
- True to size if you like thin socks. If you prefer thicker socks, I recommend buying a half size bigger.
The Mizuno Wave Sayonara will be released July 5th, so be sure to look for them! Retailed around $119, a good price for a high quality shoe!
This week we actually a cool front coming in. Yes, that means high of 93F and low of 68F. You know what that means? GOOD RUNNING! I’ll be tackling this workout this week. Join me and then report back. Wave sayonara TEXAS HEAT! I’m adjusted and ready to sweat!
And lastly, I wanted to share with you The Meaning of Mezamashii Running — Told by the Project Members http://youtu.be/OylzJNss4E. You just might recognize one of the runners in this video. Fellow Fitfluential ambassador (and a woman I admire dearly) Michele Gonzalez shares her Mizuno Mezamashii Running story.
What are you adjusting to this summer? Are you a Mizuno runner/walker/etc?
Cheers to Adjusting.. right?
Huge congratulations to Katie for delivering a healthy baby boy Rocco! Rest up friend. xxoo