First things first. I have yet another confession. Sometimes, yes only sometimes, my chipper self can think pessimistically. You heard it, I’m a downer, but ONLY SOMETIMES. This is NORMAL! If I walked around extra perky all day everyday, I think my husband or friends might just think I’m annoying. Heck, I would think I was annoying. But what I’m trying to get at is when things start to get messy or chaotic in life, there’s a time to pout and then IMMEDIATELY stand up and start dealing with it, in a positive way! This week was just that for a lot of close family and friends around me. Cancer taking its toll on my Nana, a husband discouraged by an injury and nasty sinus infection, friends going through some difficult times with unresolved health problems. It just seemed like everyone around me was in the midst of stress. So what’s a girl to do but to encourage and stay positive! In fact, this article made my day!
Step 1- make a chili/stew for the hubs so he’ll get better and feel nourished!
White Bean Quinoa Chili
Goes best with BLUE CORNBREAD!
(Thanks Heather for the inspiration)
- 1 cup RED quinoa ( drained and rinsed in a strainer).
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- ⅔ cup of each: celery, onion, green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp. of garlic and oregano
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup tangy organic BBQ sauce or ketchup
- 1 can of organic white beans drained (I used cannellini beans )
- 2 Tablespoons of oil (opt, for added richness and taste. I used grapeseed oil)
First toss the celery, onion, and red pepper in a bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon oil and a little extra garlic and oregano. Then throw the rest of your ingredients in the crockpot, cook on low for about 4 hours to 6 hours. Shred some cheese on top when done, and add a side of BLUE CORNBREAD! Makes about 6 servings and one HAPPY HUSBAND!
Step 2: Call your family, tell them you love them, and go visit! Tomorrow we’ll be heading up to Dallas to visit my Nana. She’s has an amazing and kind spirit. Not one negative bone in her body! I also hope to do some cooking up in Dallas so that my parents can relax. Plus I just love to cook at home in bigger kitchen!
Call your friends and ask what you can do for them, if anything. Keep them in your prayers.
Step 3: Share the love! You see, my favorite RECOVERY DRINK (aka Honey Milk), has graciously offered a 50% discount for all readers plus a chance to win a 3 month supply of product!! This is amazing and POSITIVE deal for anyone and everyone.
Here’s the scoop:
- The coupon code is COTTER2, redeemable at Athletes Honey Milk online store: http://www.honeymilk.com/store
- The 3 month supply contest can be entered by going to their fan page. Contest entrants need to become a fan of Facebook.com/HoneyMilk if they aren’t already.
- Fans then need to post “Cotter Crunch” on the wall.
- The drawing will be held on 11-1.
- GOOD LUCK!!
Let me know if you enter!
What’s your positive thinking?
Cheers in GOOD HEALTH,