We’ve made it through. Yes, we’ve made it to Friday. By now you might be thinking, actually….scratch that. You’re probably not thinking. You’ve thought too much this week. But that’s not all….
- you’ve either worked too hard or not enough
- you’ve studied till the wee hours of the night or crammed last minute
- you’ve worked out everyday or not all
- you’ve practiced good eating habits or thrown them out the window
- you’ve had runner’s high or struggled to get out the door
- you’ve been 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late
- you’ve stayed cool and collected or stressed to the max
- Either way——> you’ve survived!
We’ve all had these weeks. Ones that leave us feeling stronger and ones that may have depleted us a little too much. But no matter what type of week we’ve had, our minds still need to decompress.
So here’s to A LONG weekend. Our chance to break free from routine, to recharge, to reboot. A weekend away from the desk, away from the computer, away from any weekly obligations, etc.
Maybe it will go a little like this….
- A movie night with friends or family
- A Saturday full of exploring
- A long run or a ride in the sun
- A date night with a cutie
- A brunch or coffee date with old friends
- A nap on a lazy afternoon
- A trip to the farmers market just for samples
- A slow quiet Sunday morning
- A Sunday sermon that touches your heart.
- A Holiday picnic in the park
Protein Rich Devil Egg Salad
- 2 Hard Boiled Egg
- ¼ cup Cottage Cheese (I use Daisy brand, it has the best texture and very creamy)
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
black pepper and sea salt
dash of paprika
Favorite bread (I used Udi’s GF bread but I think Pita would also be lovely)
cucumber or romaine lettuce to add crunch
And the secret ingredient- 1 tsbp Thousand Island or French Dressing – Organic Ville Make a great Gluten and Dairy free dressing.
- slice up your eggs and empty out the yolk into a separate bowl. Add the cottage cheese, dressing, and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Layer it onto your bread, add the sliced egg whites, and romaine/cucumber. DONE!
- For an extra kick, add in jalapenos. To make it even more savory, butter your bread before. Now that’s how grandma did it!
and now I’ve lost all the comments that were left from earlier today, so I apologize if yours is gone, ugh. Will be working on restoring a comment thread this weekend. SHEESH!