Pan roasted chicken thighs with Persian spices, a burst of lemon flavor and tender veggies! Gluten free, grain free, Paleo friendly.
- 4 chicken thighs (skinless) – around 1.25lbs
- 1/2 tsp + sea salt ( sea salt flakes and/or coarse salt flakes)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- pinch of paprika
- punch of black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp oil (olive or avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pound small purple/gold new potatoes – quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – sliced
- extra lemon slices for chicken
- Crushed Red pepper flakes to garnish
- Optional toppings and sides – pomegranate seeds and peppercorns
- Dill yogurt sauce for dipping. See notes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Clean chicken thighs and place on plate. Rub chicken thighs with corse sea salt flakes
- Next Combine 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, 1/2 tsp. allspice, and 1/2 tsp. cayenne, pepper, 1 tsp minced garlic, 3-4 tbsp oil, and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a large bowl. whisk together.
- Then douse the chicken thighs to coat. Or use a brush. Use the remaining to coat the potatoes.
- Place in an oven safe skillet (oven safe) with potatoes (diced) and tomatoes. Sear chicken on medium high for 5 minutes, flipping chicken and potatoes over while cooking.
- Place lemon slices on top of chicken and red pepper flakes
- Place pan in oven and bake for 22 -25 minutes, broil last 2 minutes. If your chicken thighs are smaller in size, they will cook faster. Adjust times as needed.
- Check on chicken by inserting thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F. You can also slice open one chicken breast (at the thickest part) to see if the meat is not longer pink, but white. Remove from oven when done.
- Place chicken, potatoes, tomatoes in one bowl or plate for a one pan meal. Optional sprinkle of pomegranate seeds
- If you want to serve this with a dipping sauce, mix 5 ounces of plain greek yogurt with 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1- 2 tsp dried dill, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
Optional Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce (not paleo) – mix 5 ounces of plain greek yogurt with 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1- 2 tsp dried dill, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Category: dinner
- Method: pan roast
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken, pan roast, healthy, oven baked, roast, one pan meal, paleo, gluten free, persian,