A satisfying ZIPPY pear goat cheese kale salad packed with delicious ingredients and a light honey dressing. Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 5 oz (140 g) kale (winter red kale works too)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Sea Salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large pears, seeded and cut into thin strips (I used Anjou Green pears)
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips or chopped (see notes for winter seasonal produce option)
- 1.5 ox (43 g) sunflower seeds
- 4 oz (115 g) goat cheese, crumbled
- see notes for optional garnishes
- Prepare the kale by washing it, drying it and cutting into small, thin pieces. You can also buy the pre shredded bagged in produce section.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, cumin, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the kale, pears, bell pepper, sunflower seeds and goat cheese to the bowl and toss really well.
- Serve right away or place in fridge for later.
- This salad keeps really well so it’s great for meal prep or lunches to go!
Other seasonal vegetables to use don’t have bell peppers – radish, celery, or leeks would be tasty!
I also added a little parsley to garnish on top. It was delish!