Grain Free Maple glazed Holiday Cookies. Paleo friendly
- 2 1/4 cup fine blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoon arrowroot or tapioca flour (oat flour may be substituted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or refined coconut oil, softened (room temp).
- 1 cup coconut sugar (Erythritol or monk fruit sugar for low sugar / low carb option)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 Tablespoon powdered sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 Tablespoon optional orange zest
- In a small bowl, sift together the almond flour, starch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine the butter in a mixing bowl with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat the ingredients on low until they are mixed thoroughly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the large egg, and beat again on low for 1 minute.
- Keep the mixer on low, and slowly add in the flour mixture. Beat the batter until it is smooth, and place batter in the fridge to chill for 1 to 2 hours.*
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough on a well floured surface or a large sheet of parchment paper. Place a plastic wrap on top. Roll out the dough between the parchment paper and plastic wrap to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place cookie cutouts on the parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough, chilling before rolling out again if needed.
- Then, use cookie cutters to cut the dough into about 18-24 different cookies pieces. If the dough is too soft to transfer cookie cut outs to baking sheet, then place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place cut outs on lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough, chilling before rolling out, if needed.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Check for doneness after 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and let them cool on the pan for 15 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the glaze.
- Whisk the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and powdered sugar until well-combined.
- Coat each cookie with the icing glaze, and sprinkle them with extra orange zest, if desired.
* If the batter has not set after refrigerating, move it to the freezer for an additional 30 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- chill time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: paleo cookies, cookies, sugar cookies, maple glazed, grain free