Grain Free Orange Maple glazed Holiday Cookies. Paleo friendly
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp each –> ground ginger and cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (see notes for lower sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice (sparkling or fresh orange juice if you don’t have sparkling)
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- orange zest (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional icing :
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- Combine all your dry ingredients and seasonings in a large bowl. Make sure they are finely mixed. In another bowl, whisk your egg and milk. Gently fold into the dry ingredients and beat on low, then stir in your sparkling drink , coconut oil, and maple syrup (or sugar if you are using it). All while beating on low or with mixer.
- The batter will be THICK but keep beat until all is mixed. Then add in your extract and mix again.
- Roll into a dough ball and place in wax paper in fridge for 2-4 hrs.
- Once that is set, roll out your dough with a floured rolling pan. Use cookie cutters to cut into 20 or so cookies. place on greased baking sheet and bake at 375F for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you want them extra crispy, I would bake for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Remove and let the cookies cool.
- Once cooled you have the option of using icing. I mixed a 1/4 cup coconut oil with 1/4 cup maple syrup, a little vanilla, and cinnamon. Coated each cookie with the mixture them sprinkled with extra powdered sugar.
- If you want these cookies to be more sweet, then use extra maple syrup and icing!
for lower sugar option use xylitol syrup
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min