A nourishing dinner bursting with Caribbean flavors. Chicken seasoned with jerk spices served over sweet potatoes and sautéed collards and radishes – strewn with raisins and finished with a red pepper vinaigrette
- 2 Organic Boneless Chicken breasts (around 5 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 2.5 cups diced peeled organic Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp organic Jerk Spices (pre-made by Green Chef Meal Kit)
- 2 –3 tbsp Shredded Organic coconut & cashews
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 3–4 cups chopped Organic Collard Greens
- 1 cup Organic Radishes
- Roasted red pepper vinaigrette to serve (1 ounce or so)
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for the pan
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil. Season with about half of the jerk spices and a pinch of sea salt. Toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer on one side of a lightly oiled foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place shredded coconut and cashews in a dry medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Toast 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently. Transfer coconut and cashews to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
Season & Sear Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in bowl used for sweet potatoes. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil. Season with remaining jerk spices and salt. Turn to coat.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in pan used for coconut and cashews over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot pan. Sear 3 minutes. Flip. Sear 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to open side of baking sheet with sweet potatoes. Roast 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are tender.
Prep Collards & Radishes:
- Meanwhile, remove center stems from collard greens. Slice stems into about ¼-inch pieces. Roughly chop leaves into bite-size pieces. Trim ends off radishes and cut in half. Lay flat and slice into about ¼-inch thick half-moons.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add collard stems and radishes to hot pan; stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until stems soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add collard leaves to pan with stems and radishes; stir. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until leaves begin to wilt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add raisins; stir. Drizzle with about half of the roasted red pepper vinaigrette. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Plate Your Jerk Chicken dinner:
- Cut chicken into 6-8 slices each. Divide sweet potatoes and collards between plates. Place roasted potatoes and collards between plates. Fan chicken over top and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette (or to taste). Sprinkle with toasted coconut and cashews.
- Ingredients and Recipe from Green Chef Organic Meal Kit.
- This recipe serves 2 dinner portions but you could also make 2.5 to 3 smaller portions.
- Estimated Nutrition for 2 servings (no dressing) is shown below.
- Nutrition for 2 Servings with vinaigrette is 650 calories per plate
- Category: main, dinner
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 550
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 345mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 45g
Keywords: jerk chicken, paleo, gluten free, chicken dinners, healthy