Paleo jerk chicken is tender chicken breast, seasoned with warm Caribbean spices. This gluten free and paleo jerk chicken recipe makes an easy weeknight dinner, thanks in part to the Green Chef organic meal ingredient delivery service.
Here’s a big whopping confession. I’ve NEVER used a meal delivery service or meal kit delivery service.. like EVER. I always adore cooking and unwinding at the end of the day and tend to do all the shopping myself. Why? Because I’m picky! You can ask my husband about that. Ha!
Well my friends, my whole life just got easier and more enjoyable! LITERALLY Life altering changes ya’ll! All because an organic meal kit delivery service at Green Chef. I’m hooked, I’m smitten, I’m speechless at just how awesome Green Chef Meal Kit Delivery is.
I’ll walk you through my experience and this Paleo Jerk Chicken recipe, just so you can see for yourself.
But first, a little about Green Chef:
They deliver wholesome, clean, sustainable ingredients.
- Non Gmo, certified Organic, and they work closely with farmers and food manufacturers to help protect the envoirment!
They have several different meal kit plans to suit your dietary needs: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Omnivore, Keto, Carnivore, and Vegetarian.
- Each meal kit box comes with the ingredients already prepped and ready to go.
All the recipes they provide take no more than 30-40 minutes to cook! And super easy!
See, the PROOF is in the pudding ya’ll. Or in this case, the paleo meal kit package I ordered! Feel free to drop your jaw in amazement with me. Mmm k?
I adored the Paleo Meal Kit I received from Green Chef. It came with ingredients for 3 paleo meals that serve 2 each. One recipe was chicken, one was fish, and one was pork. How they fit everything in a nice recycle box without it being smashed still baffles me. Magic I tell ya!
After scrolling through each recipe, I finally decided on which paleo recipe to highlight for you all! The Paleo Jerk Chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and sautéed collard greens. I adore Jerk salmon and veggies, so I figured I’d love this jerk chicken just as much! Plus those sautéed collard greens.. a southern favorite of mine!
This particular Green Chef Recipe took no more than 30 minutes and 8 organic ingredients.
As mentioned above, all ingredients were pre-portioned and ready to cook. Which made it even more convenient and quick to make.
- Chicken Breasts
- Sweet potatoes
- Jerk Spices
- Shredded coconut and cashews (for a toasted topping)
- Collard Greens
- Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
I did not need to buy any extra spices, sauces, dressings, or anything. The only ingredients I used of mine was olive oil and salt/pepper. Totally impressive. I followed their directions and low in behold, dinner was served at reasonable hour. A paleo friendly, well balanced, delicious meal that my husband and I could enjoy together.
Now you see what I mean about the life altering part, yes?
A few other questions you might be wondering. …
What about the rest of the ingredients? Do you have to use them ASAP? Actually, no. Green chef provides instructions on how to store the ingredients or save them for later. Which I did for the fish, I froze it for after we got home from Hawaii.
What about the other allergen information? Yes, Green Chef labels each ingredients and the food allergy information. No need to work there.
Lastly, does it really taste good?
This is my honest answer. YES! I am such a skeptic too. I rarely follow recipes because I like to put my own spin on it, but this Paleo Jerk Chicken dish was hands down out of this world; flavored perfectly!
Here, I’ll get to the actual recipe so you can see just how awesome sauce this Paleo Jerk Chicken is yourself. A full meal, ready in 30 minutes, and only using 2 pans. I am praising the Foodie Heavens right now! Haha, and Green Chef.Print
A nourishing dinner bursting with Caribbean flavors. Chicken seasoned with jerk spices served over sweet potatoes and sautéed collards and radishes – strewn with raisins and finished with a red pepper vinaigrette
- 2 Organic Boneless Chicken breasts (around 5 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 2.5 cups diced peeled organic Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp organic Jerk Spices (pre-made by Green Chef Meal Kit)
- 2 -3 tbsp Shredded Organic coconut & cashews
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 3-4 cups chopped Organic Collard Greens
- 1 cup Organic Radishes
- Roasted red pepper vinaigrette to serve (1 ounce or so)
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for the pan
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil. Season with about half of the jerk spices and a pinch of sea salt. Toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer on one side of a lightly oiled foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place shredded coconut and cashews in a dry medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Toast 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently. Transfer coconut and cashews to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
Season & Sear Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in bowl used for sweet potatoes. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil. Season with remaining jerk spices and salt. Turn to coat.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in pan used for coconut and cashews over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot pan. Sear 3 minutes. Flip. Sear 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to open side of baking sheet with sweet potatoes. Roast 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are tender.
Prep Collards & Radishes:
- Meanwhile, remove center stems from collard greens. Slice stems into about ¼-inch pieces. Roughly chop leaves into bite-size pieces. Trim ends off radishes and cut in half. Lay flat and slice into about ¼-inch thick half-moons.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add collard stems and radishes to hot pan; stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until stems soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add collard leaves to pan with stems and radishes; stir. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until leaves begin to wilt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add raisins; stir. Drizzle with about half of the roasted red pepper vinaigrette. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Plate Your Jerk Chicken dinner:
- Cut chicken into 6-8 slices each. Divide sweet potatoes and collards between plates. Place roasted potatoes and collards between plates. Fan chicken over top and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette (or to taste). Sprinkle with toasted coconut and cashews.
- Ingredients and Recipe from Green Chef Organic Meal Kit.
- This recipe serves 2 dinner portions but you could also make 2.5 to 3 smaller portions.
- Estimated Nutrition for 2 servings (no dressing) is shown below.
- Nutrition for 2 Servings with vinaigrette is 650 calories per plate
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 550
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 345mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 45g
Keywords: jerk chicken, paleo, gluten free, chicken dinners, healthy
Have you ever tried a meal kit delivery service? If not, you so should ya’ll! Feel free to use my LINK HERE for $40 OFF the first box:
- Note: this promo applies to all meal plans but only for 1st time subscribers to Green Chef
Okay and lastly, why do you think they call jerk seasoning jerk? I’ve always wondered. LOL!
Cheers to a Paleo Jerk Chicken made easy, healthy, and no grocery shopping needed!