Paleo jerk chicken is tender chicken breast, seasoned with warm Caribbean spices. This gluten free and paleo jerk chicken recipe makes an easy weeknight dinner, thanks in part to the Green Chef organic meal ingredient delivery service.
Here’s a big whopping confession. I’ve NEVER used a meal delivery service or meal kit delivery service.. like EVER. I always adore cooking and unwinding at the end of the day and tend to do all the shopping myself. Why? Because I’m picky! You can ask my husband about that. Ha!
Well my friends, my whole life just got easier and more enjoyable! LITERALLY Life altering changes ya’ll! All because an organic meal kit delivery service at Green Chef. I’m hooked, I’m smitten, I’m speechless at just how awesome Green Chef Meal Kit Delivery is.
I’ll walk you through my experience and this Paleo Jerk Chicken recipe, just so you can see for yourself.
But first, a little about Green Chef:
They deliver wholesome, clean, sustainable ingredients.
- Non Gmo, certified Organic, and they work closely with farmers and food manufacturers to help protect the envoirment!
They have several different meal kit plans to suit your dietary needs: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Omnivore, Keto, Carnivore, and Vegetarian.
- Each meal kit box comes with the ingredients already prepped and ready to go.
All the recipes they provide take no more than 30-40 minutes to cook! And super easy!
See, the PROOF is in the pudding ya’ll. Or in this case, the paleo meal kit package I ordered! Feel free to drop your jaw in amazement with me. Mmm k?
I adored the Paleo Meal Kit I received from Green Chef. It came with ingredients for 3 paleo meals that serve 2 each. One recipe was chicken, one was fish, and one was pork. How they fit everything in a nice recycle box without it being smashed still baffles me. Magic I tell ya!
After scrolling through each recipe, I finally decided on which paleo recipe to highlight for you all! The Paleo Jerk Chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and sautéed collard greens. I adore Jerk salmon and veggies, so I figured I’d love this jerk chicken just as much! Plus those sautéed collard greens.. a southern favorite of mine!
This particular Green Chef Recipe took no more than 30 minutes and 8 organic ingredients.
As mentioned above, all ingredients were pre-portioned and ready to cook. Which made it even more convenient and quick to make.
- Chicken Breasts
- Sweet potatoes
- Jerk Spices
- Shredded coconut and cashews (for a toasted topping)
- Collard Greens
- Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
I did not need to buy any extra spices, sauces, dressings, or anything. The only ingredients I used of mine was olive oil and salt/pepper. Totally impressive. I followed their directions and low in behold, dinner was served at reasonable hour. A paleo friendly, well balanced, delicious meal that my husband and I could enjoy together.
Now you see what I mean about the life altering part, yes?
A few other questions you might be wondering. …
What about the rest of the ingredients? Do you have to use them ASAP? Actually, no. Green chef provides instructions on how to store the ingredients or save them for later. Which I did for the fish, I froze it for after we got home from Hawaii.
What about the other allergen information? Yes, Green Chef labels each ingredients and the food allergy information. No need to work there.
Lastly, does it really taste good?
This is my honest answer. YES! I am such a skeptic too. I rarely follow recipes because I like to put my own spin on it, but this Paleo Jerk Chicken dish was hands down out of this world; flavored perfectly!
Here, I’ll get to the actual recipe so you can see just how awesome sauce this Paleo Jerk Chicken is yourself. A full meal, ready in 30 minutes, and only using 2 pans. I am praising the Foodie Heavens right now! Haha, and Green Chef.Print
Paleo Jerk Chicken Dinner
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
A nourishing dinner bursting with Caribbean flavors. Chicken seasoned with jerk spices served over sweet potatoes and sautéed collards and radishes – strewn with raisins and finished with a red pepper vinaigrette
- 2 Organic Boneless Chicken breasts (around 5 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 2.5 cups diced peeled organic Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp organic Jerk Spices (pre-made by Green Chef Meal Kit)
- 2 –3 tablespoon Shredded Organic coconut & cashews
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 3–4 cups chopped Organic Collard Greens
- 1 cup Organic Radishes
- Roasted red pepper vinaigrette to serve (1 ounce or so)
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for the pan
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil. Season with about half of the jerk spices and a pinch of sea salt. Toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer on one side of a lightly oiled foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place shredded coconut and cashews in a dry medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Toast 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently. Transfer coconut and cashews to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
Season & Sear Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in bowl used for sweet potatoes. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil. Season with remaining jerk spices and salt. Turn to coat.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in pan used for coconut and cashews over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot pan. Sear 3 minutes. Flip. Sear 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to open side of baking sheet with sweet potatoes. Roast 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are tender.
Prep Collards & Radishes:
- Meanwhile, remove center stems from collard greens. Slice stems into about ¼-inch pieces. Roughly chop leaves into bite-size pieces. Trim ends off radishes and cut in half. Lay flat and slice into about ¼-inch thick half-moons.
- Heat about 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add collard stems and radishes to hot pan; stir. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until stems soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add collard leaves to pan with stems and radishes; stir. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until leaves begin to wilt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add raisins; stir. Drizzle with about half of the roasted red pepper vinaigrette. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Plate Your Jerk Chicken dinner:
- Cut chicken into 6-8 slices each. Divide sweet potatoes and collards between plates. Place roasted potatoes and collards between plates. Fan chicken over top and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette (or to taste). Sprinkle with toasted coconut and cashews.
- Ingredients and Recipe from Green Chef Organic Meal Kit.
- This recipe serves 2 dinner portions but you could also make 2.5 to 3 smaller portions.
- Estimated Nutrition for 2 servings (no dressing) is shown below.
- Nutrition for 2 Servings with vinaigrette is 650 calories per plate
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: main, dinner
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 550
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 345mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 45g
Keywords: jerk chicken, paleo, gluten free, chicken dinners, healthy
Have you ever tried a meal kit delivery service? If not, you so should ya’ll! Feel free to use my LINK HERE for $40 OFF the first box:
- Note: this promo applies to all meal plans but only for 1st time subscribers to Green Chef
Okay and lastly, why do you think they call jerk seasoning jerk? I’ve always wondered. LOL!
Cheers to a Paleo Jerk Chicken made easy, healthy, and no grocery shopping needed!
Keep up with the compassionate fun loving Green Chef on social media. They are full of healthy recipe and meal prep inspiration! Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
MORE WHOLE HEALTHY SWEET POTATOES RECIPES
This recipe is part of our 8 Healthy Ways to Cook Sweet Potatoes collection. Check it out!
the chicken looks so delicious and so wonderful
This bowl is a beauty!
Thank you friend
Tara | Treble int he Kitchen
Looks like a great recipe and LOVED your review 🙂
This is not Jerk Chicken, some one is fooling you. Authentic Jerk Chicken served with rice is already healthy. What on earth is this?
Well that is true Joao. I totally get it. THis recipe is from Green Chef, they tweaked it to make paleo. I think the jerk chicken is just referring to spice mix. Sorry about that
This sounds like an amazing meal!!
This looks SO tasty and SO filling!
I need a meal service in my life. And a nanny, a maid and a chef, but for now I’ll take the meal service. I do alright feeding myself, the Hubby and the tiny human at least three times a day, but damned if it isn’t difficult.
I would gladly help if I could! You’re super woman in my book!
Wow what a plate, looks amazing!!!!
This looks SO GOOD!!!!
This looks AMAZING. Jerk is my fav!!
Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy
LOVE jerk chicken!
Wow this is totally an amazing meal; I love how meal delivery services have become so state of the art and soooo delightful now; I’m sure it’s a huge blessing for those days when you just don’t have time to prep all the ingredients, especially considering all the meals and cooking and baking you do Lindsay!
Right!? I am so thankful for them!
Yes, please!! This looks so delicious, Really wishing I could be eating this now.
I’ll save you a plate!
There are so many fabulous flavors here!
I so agree!
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
I’ve been loving meal delivery services for super busy weeks (or surgery… ho hum). This one looks delicious!!! I’ll definitely be checking it out next!
right? I’m thinking post vacation delivery too. So now we can go on more vacations. LOL!
Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious
For all the cooking I do, I’m always wishing for an easy dinner to be delivered to my door.
right? Super fresh too!
Natasha @ Salt & Lavender
I’ve never used a meal delivery service either! I think part of the reason is because I’m picky like you (and I figure if I’m cooking I may as well get the ingredients myself), and the other part of the reason is because here in Canada those services just aren’t as prevalent as in the States. In any case, you’ve definitely piqued my curiosity! This dish looks spectacular. Love all the warm fall colors in your photos!
I totally feel ya! And I still think you should move to States. 😉
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
Sounds like a great service Lindsay! I’ve never tried one either, but perhaps I’ll need to look into this one. I love jerk chicken and I love all the fixings that go along with this!
Demeter | Beaming Baker
Demeter | Beaming Baker
You always come up with the best recipes! And, as always, your photography is INCREDIBLE!! Now, when are you coming over to make dinner?? 😉
I”ll come with my next vegan order for ya!
Sounds like a delicious meal delivery service! This jerk chicken looks amazing!
I am hooked!
Teri || a foodie stays fit
You make the BEST recipes and you take the best photos. Can you pleeeeeease cook for me? (I love that this can ACTUALLY happen the next time I’m home because I WILL make it happen. 😉
YOU BETTER! 😉 Bring wine. It’s lacking here. haha. kidding, kinda.
I’ve never used a meal delivery service either, and I LOVE that you can select your dietary restrictions with Green Chef. Definitely a brilliant setup! Also, that jerk chicken and sweet potato situation looks sooooo good! I’d definitely hop on board!
right? I’m so hooked! The ingredients alone pre-portioned make me happy! Haha
What an awesome service! I’m a huge jerk chicken fan so I can’t wait to check this out
You’ll love it Matt!
Karen @ Seasonal Cravings
I’ve been wanting to try this meal delivery service and now that I see that jerk chicken… mmm!
Susie @ Suzlyfe
Jerk chicken is one of my favorite things, period. PERIOD. and then to add Sweet Potato???? YAS
I’ve tried several meal delivery services, with varying success, but there are a few that I really like. I think we might indulge in a week or two of one when Yoshi arrives
I think Yoshi will love it all. Maybe I can come deliver myself. Haha, the meal, not yoshi. LOL!
This looks absolutely stunning Lindsay! I love the idea of a meal delivery service for when you get back from vacation and you won’t have anything in. And your photos are gorgeous as always!
Right??! A total life saver