I can’t believe our time here is almost up here. We’ve got close three weeks left in New Zealand and only two and a half until Ironman NZ. Whoa!! Where did time go? What the heck did I even do here? Haha. Oh yes, I remember. The checklist.
You see, I had a “tentative” checklist here in NZ. I thought it would be fun to make one but there was absolutely no pressure to accomplish them all. But you know what? Looks like I came pretty darn close.
- Road trip to North Island and back – check
- Visit Vineyards and go wine tasting- check and still have a few left
- Day trips to the surrounding ports, country side, etc.- check
- Ride the Ferry across the Marlborough sounds- check x 2
- Visit family-check
- Go to several Farmer’s Markets-check
- Enjoy cooking local food- check (lamb, lamb, and more lamb)
- Go see the Emirates racing boat in the Viaduct Harbor–check
- Weekend Trip to Queenstown- not in the budget but that’s okay. Next year!
- Meet up with a few international bloggers-check and I hope to meet one more soon.
- Finish Healthy Bites eBook- check, yea!! see the side bar!
- RELAX- check
- Take care of each other-check
- Take care of myself- check… in progress.
I think that last one has been the hardest to realize. How do I take care of myself when I don’t even know how? Well, two and half month’s into this trip and I finally realized how. Or at least HOW to START…
By Letting Go of guilt….
By reaching out to others…
By disconnecting from the world….
By reconnecting with ME…..
God sure knows how to answer prayers in HIS own way, and this trip has reconfirmed that. I’ve got 3 weeks left here and I plan on surrendering those moments to God and letting Him do the magic. Those QUIET, BEAUTIFUL, PEACEFUL moments.
And on a lighter not, here’s a look at some classic NZ Food and Training Food from our time here in NEW ZEALAND. Let’s do it WIAW Style, yes?
Thanks Jen for letting me join the Club this week!
All Homemade and New Zealand made with Love .
Okay I didn’t make the ice cream but that is the brand that the hubs’ uncle sells at his local ice cream stand. Too cute!
Oh, I almost forgot. My last “check-list” item for New Zealand actually came from the hubs. He’s requested we make his favorite childhood treat.
I think I’ll use this recipe. Wish me luck!
Do you have a life check list? How’s your “progress”?
A Few Snippets from My devotional – Letters from God:
“When anxiety attempts to wedge its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that i am your SHEPHARD. The bottom line is that i am taking care of you; therefore you needn’t be afraid of anything.”