No yeast pizza dough makes the most delicious gluten free pizza you’ll ever eat. It’s super quick and easy to make, with no rising needed. Plus, it’s freezable! Make your next pizza night a special one with this recipe.
- 2 cups (around 250g) Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour (this flour has no thickeners or leaveners)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Bob’s Red Mill xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (or up to 1 cup) warm water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil for brushing
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 6 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded (*vegan cheese may be substituted)
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup diced onion
- feta crumbles *
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Measure out a cup (250ml) of warm water. Slowly pour 2/3 cup water into the dry mix, stirring as you pour. Depending on the type of flour you use, you may need closer to 1 cup water to create a soft sticky dough. If the dough is too dry, add a bit more water, 1-2 tablespoons at a time.
- Place the dough out onto a floured surface and form into a smooth ball. NOTE: Gluten free flour has no gluten protein, so you won’t need to knead it much. Next, roll the dough out into a 10-inch circle, then smooth out the sides.
- Place the dough into a greased 10-inch cast iron or pizza pan. Pat it out to the edges with your fingers. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove crust from the oven and spread 4-6 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top. Follow with a layer of shredded Colby cheese, then a layer of arugula, red onion, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Spread them out evenly. Add a little feta cheese or cheese of choice over that.
Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden. For a crispier crust, broil for the final minute.
- Remove pizza from oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then garnish with chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Slide pizza out of the pan to slice or slice in pan and serve.
- Freezing dough – You may freeze the dough ball wrapped in wax paper for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw out overnight in fridge before rolling out flat and baking.
- *vegan parmesan and/or shredded cheese may be substituted.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice w/o toppings
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 244.5 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: yeast free pizza dough, gluten free pizza crust, gluten free pizza recipe, no yeast pizza