These Cinnamon Vanilla Protein Breakfast Bites are super easy to make, with NO BAKING required! Healthy, great for snacks or breakfast on the go. Kid-friendly. gluten-free, and vegan-friendly!
- 3/4 cup of gluten free rolled oats or gluten free cereal of choice
- 1/4 cup (around 65-75 grams) Vanilla Protein Powder (see notes for substitutes)
- 1/2 cup almond flour or more oat flour if can’t have nuts. (You can also just finely grind raw almonds) ·
- 1 heaping tablespoon ground Cinnamon (extra for coating)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup nut butter or sunflower seed butter (creamy no stir works best)
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey if you are not vegan.·
- Grind up your oats or cereal in a food processor and transfer into a mixing bowl. This is optional. You can keep them whole as well and adjust the addition of honey.
- Add your almond meal, protein powder, cinnamon, and nut butter. Stir ingredients all together.
- Alternatively (you can blend all at once by placing ingredients (minus the honey) in the food processor or blender and blend until a mealy batter is formed. Scrap sides and transfer to bowl (see blog post pictures).
- Add in your honey and vanilla then mix again well with hands.
- You might need to add more honey or nut butter if the batter gets to dry. (see notes)
- Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on a cookie tray or plastic ware with parchment paper underneath.
- Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes then transfer into a Ziploc bag.
- Dust with additional cinnamon and vanilla protein if desired.
- Keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- Don’t have protein powder? You can substitute with peanut flour or Oat flour (but will need to add a little vanilla) or if you would prefer a paleo friendly protein, then Egg white protein or Collagen Protein Powder will do the trick!
- You might need to add more honey or nut butter if the batter gets to dry. It depends on the types of protein and flour you use, adjust as you mix, before rolling.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 0.8mg
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 6.1mg
Keywords: no bake, protein balls, energy balls, gluten free, snacks, healthy snacks, vegan, cinnamon roll