I’m switching up the word MUNDANE for MonDATE. Get it? No more Mundane Monday. Instead I’m making a DATE with MY DAY or rather “Mon (French for My) Day.”
I’m making a date to laugh. Laugh at my husband, cause he’s funny, and I don’t give him enough credit there. Plus his FRO is getting crazy, so it’s easy to laugh at him when we wakes up with Wild KIWI Hair.
I’m making a date to laugh at myself while I am at it. Sometimes we take life too seriously, especially on a Monday. I think it’s best to start the day off with silliness.
Plus laughter “stimulates circulation and aids muscle relaxation, which can reduce the physical symptoms of stress.” It says so here!
I’m making a date with my rice cooker. It’s done me well these past few days and it’s such a time saver!
I’m making a date to use up some good FARMER’S MARKET finds. Prepping the week for nourishment.
I’m making a date with Heather.. I mean her MMAZ.
Why? Cause I’ve been dying to participate and this weeks ingredient just happens to be…………..DATES. Bahahaha, I know, so clever of me, right?Print
- 2 cup broccoli slaw
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- roasted sunflower seed
- coconut milk or cream (or other milk/cream of choice)
- 2/3 cup chopped tempeh bacon (they have GF tempeh now) or regular bacon if you are not doing meatless
- black pepper
- butter (optional)
- balsamic vinegar
- red pepper flakes and Cholula sauce (optional)
- Rinse your quinoa and the cook according to instructions. I cook my in a rice cooker. When the quinoa is almost fully cooked (fluffy), add in about a half up of coconut, a smidgen of butter, and your chopped dates. Continue to steam/cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, sauté your onions, seeds, bacon (or tempeh), black pepper. Set aside. Then quickly steam your slaw. I usually do this in the same pot as the quinoa, just setting it on top of the quinoa for 5 minutes with the pot covered, or just microwave for a couple minutes. You just want the slaw semi steamed but still with a little crunch.
- One everything is cooked, scoop 1/2c each into a bowl and mix!
- OR mix all ingredients together in one big bowl and refrigerate for later servings.
- Top with chili pepper, balsamic vinegar, and Cholula before serving.
Now, you must excuse me. I have a DATE in the kitchen for some Healthy Bite orders.
What are you making a Date with/for today?