Gluten free bread pudding is such a delicious treat, I have to share the easy bread pudding recipe with you! Don’t throw away stale muffins, just make some Mocha Gluten Free Bread Pudding instead. This easy dessert recipe comes with options for paleo and dairy-free eating plans.
January is an exciting month, isn’t it? Just feel fresh, new, and light. That is until something happens that is out of our control and we panic. It can be easy to feel like we failed at something when that happens, but in actuality, it’s not failing at all. It’s life molding us into something NEW.
So far this year, our car has broken down twice, our garage door broke, and I’ve had two “failed” recipes. But really, all that was not in my control. Okay maybe the recipes we a tad bit in my control, but I’m still in denial. Ha ha!
Regardless, what I tried to control didn’t work, even when I had the best “intentions.”
But what if we decided to give up control instead beforehand? What if we focused on turning frustrating situations into an opportunity to reshape?
I think that might make your January more adaptable, ENJOYABLE, and therefore lead to a better QUALITY of life.
Too corny for you? Okay, let me give you an example.
I made Paleo mocha muffins. While in the oven, something MORE IMPORTANT came up and I turned my back on them for too long. They did not burn, but they were a little dry. Still tasty though!
What might have otherwise been viewed as a waste of time and energy turned into something of better quality.
Mocha Gluten Free Bread Pudding. Here’s the easy bread pudding recipe!Print
Mocha Muffin Bread Pudding (Paleo and Dairy Free Options)
- 2 cups of crumbled or 4 GF muffins, crumbled. Regular or chocolate (stale or dry works!).
- 1/2 cup cream or coconut cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp coffee extract (or 2–3 tbsp ground coffee)
- 1/3 cup chopped bakers chocolate (regular or unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp 100% cocoa powder
- topping –> cocoa powder, chopped nuts, vanilla protein powder, or regular powdered sugar.
- First crumble your muffins and soak them in the cream. Whip the egg and mix into your creamed muffins. Add in the chocolate, baking powder, salt, and coffee and mix again. Pour into a small oiled bread pan and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Top with extra nuts, chocolate syrup, and any other sugar or vanilla protein powder you’d like!
I used a Paleo chocolate muffin recipe that was too dry. I topped with Nu Naturals chocolate syrup (stevia)
See what I mean?
Mocha gluten free bread pudding!
A perfect post workout snack (healthy carbs, a little protein, natural sugars).
A perfect weekend breakfast or brunch dish, for when you can sip on a few cups of coffee without rushing. A satisfying dessert that can accommodate to both paleo and dairy free folks!
I guess by giving up control, I accomplished more than I had hoped. Yes?!
Food for thought, and well, more food!
What muffin flavor would you make into a bread pudding next?