Cabbage wraps are the perfect light low carb lunch that’s easy to make! A mango chicken salad that’s mayo free, paleo friendly, and flavorful! A perfectly handy lunch or light dinner!
- 3 cup cooked chicken (roasted chicken without skin or skinless chicken breast)
- 1 cup diced peeled mango
- 2 green onions – stems cut off
- 2 tsp white miso paste (you can use miso soup paste)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 c or less coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt/pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- Optional handful of Cilantro
- 2 –3 tsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime or Orange juiced 1 tbsp
- handful of diced cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch watercress for stuffing wraps.
- 7–8 Napa cabbage leaves (about 1/4 of a large Napa cabbage)
- Cut your chicken into smaller pieces or shred. Peel and dice your mango.
- Mix in food processor (or by hand): 1 cup of chicken and then your onion, miso, coconut milk, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro. Pulse or mix by hand. Then add in the remaining 2 cups of chicken, mixing between adding each cup. Add your mango and oil and mix again. Taste to see if it needs more salt/pepper/ miso seasoning.
- Next cut the end off the cabbage leaves. Place 7-8 Napa cabbage leaves in microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- Place 1/4 cup of the miso mango chicken salad into each cabbage leaf. Add a small handful of watercress. Wrap it up starting from the bottom and folding sides while wrapping it up. Repeat filling each cabbage wrap until you used all the Mango chicken Salad.
- Chicken salad should last in fridge for up to 3-5 days. Easy, portable, and can be made paleo/whole 30 friendly if you use coconut aminos instead of miso paste.
- Consider 2 wraps as a lunch or 3 wraps as a dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: main, lunch
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: chicken salad, lettuce wraps, cabbage wraps, paleo, gluten free, chicken salad no mayo