- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (you can use brown sugar too)
- stevia –1 tsp (add 2 if you want them extra sweet)
- 1 egg (or flax egg is vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ARROWROOT flour
- 1 cup all purpose GF flour (or flour of choice)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour- I also used a lot on my hands and on parchment paper to roll the dough into balls then press with fork.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon and ground cloves (about 1/2 tsp of each)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix applesauce, sugar, and banana together in bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir remaining ingredients together and add. Mix well or use beater on low. Add a little more applesauce if it get to be too dry.
- Flour your counter and transfer dough. Make sure to cover your hands in flour as well in order to keep it from getting to gooey.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls. Place them on a greased baking sheet and press down with fork.
- Bake in 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow a bit more baking time if rolled thicker.
- Once out of the oven and cooled. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon. This of course is optional but it’s WORTH IT!