No Bake Nutty Mexican Chocolate Protein Bites
- 1/4 cup crushed almond meal or coconut flour for nut free version
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (can’t have nuts? try banana chips)
- 1/3–1/2 cup nut butter ( PB, almond, or sunflower seed is awesome for this recipe of course)
- 6–8 tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder (I use
- Growing Naturals
- Brown Rice or Pea)
- 3– 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cayenne or chili pepper (more if you like spicy)
- 2–3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey, agave, or maple syrup.
- mexican hot chocolate powder (for rolling them in after you freeze)
- – handful of dark chocolate chips
- Chop nuts in food processor, or you can buy them already chopped. Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the nut butter and honey/maple syrup being the last . Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. Coat bites with extra cocoa powder/cinnamon. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after.
- Makes anywhere between 18-22 balls. Just depends how big or small you roll them. Mine are usually around 18grams
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.