Happy almost Cinco De Mayo!! Pretty sure it’s one of my husband’s favorite days of the year. Any excuse for him to eat more tacos! Don’t worry, I’ll share the recipe soon.
Actually today’s recipe is still Cinco de Mayo themed.
I had a hard time deciding whether or not to make May’s Flavor Mexican or go for the orange and dark chocolate chip.
But I figured we needed to SPICE THINGS up a bit, yes? A little strange but good combo here too!Print
No Bake Nutty Mexican Chocolate Protein Bites
- 1/4 cup crushed almond meal or coconut flour for nut free version
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (can’t have nuts? try banana chips)
- 1/3-1/2 cup nut butter ( PB, almond, or sunflower seed is awesome for this recipe of course)
- 6-8 tbsp Chocolate Protein Powder (I use
- Growing Naturals
- Brown Rice or Pea)
- 3- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cayenne or chili pepper (more if you like spicy)
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey, agave, or maple syrup.
- mexican hot chocolate powder (for rolling them in after you freeze)
- – handful of dark chocolate chips
- Chop nuts in food processor, or you can buy them already chopped. Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the nut butter and honey/maple syrup being the last . Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. Coat bites with extra cocoa powder/cinnamon. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after.
- Makes anywhere between 18-22 balls. Just depends how big or small you roll them. Mine are usually around 18grams
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
Okay, and now for the giveaway! I’m including a batch of bites, a nu naturals sample pack, and my Healthy Bites ebook again! I have teased you enough about the second edition of the ebook and am still way behind. Whoops. this makes up for it right?
3 Prizes, 3 winners!
Giveaway is open to US and Canada and international for the Ebook! So please share the Healthy Bites Love!!! Can’t thank you enough for support me (sherpa wife) and the Kiwi Cotter.
In case you missed it, posts from this week.
And Big thanks to JEN for my new header.