Oh thank you Marvelous Monday. I needed you today. It was quite the weekend and let’s just say Mrs. Cotter needed an attitude check. Yes, I call myself Mrs. Cotter when I am in trouble. Sometimes I let my so called ‘”pettiness” get the best of me. And the Mr. Cotter (aka the hubs) gets the brunt of it. Whoa, not pretty!
So I’m starting over today. I’ve put on my smile and made amends with myself and the hubs (yes, now he’s the hubs. I use the name Mr. Cotter when either of us are in trouble).
Anyway, here we go. Marvelous Monday. It’s Marvelous.
Marvelous because my husband is training, like really training. He said to me, “look babe, I’m an athlete again.” Oh sweet guy, he was always an athlete in my mind, injury or not.
Marvelous because I made myself sore from lifting. I know, that shouldn’t be marvelous, but it is in. Makin’ some strength! Thank you Kelly for posting this awesome workout on instagram. I did everything but used the rowing machine instead of running.
Marvelous because I satisfied two very specific cravings today. Spicy Sausage Sriracha Veggie bowl and Nutella on Udi’s GF toast. Yes please.
Marvelous because I finally had time to get a hair cut. Yes, it’s the little things. Sometimes all it takes is someone else styling your hair to make you feel better. Here are my before and after pics. Looks like my evil twin is on the left.
Marvelous because I brought back the Cotter Chia Recovery cakes. How have I gone so long without these? So easy to use for snacks. This time around I used a vanilla protein and added in lemon stevia drops and vanilla extract. Oh and that would be a a greek yogurt Kefir and honey/fruit mixed on top.
Here’s the recipe from my previous post. I adjusted the ingredients a bit.
- 30 grams recovery protein/drink powder- We use BASE AMINO Recovery with Vanilla Protein Powder. I’m sure Fitmixer would work well too here!
- 2 tablespoon chia seed (black or white seed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon coconut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- lemon stevia or extract. Could also use a holiday blend, like hazelnut, cocoa, pumpkin.
- ◦dried fruit, fresh fruit, cinnamon, etc.
- ◦Greek yogurt mixed with honey and/or rice pudding for topping
- mix everything in a large soup mug. Microwave for 30 seconds. Let it stand for a few seconds, then microwave again for 15 seconds, let it stand, then microwave one more time for 10 seconds. Flip it over on a plate and add topping. This time around I used Greek yogurt kefir, raw honey mixed with coconut flakes, and dates . Melts in your mouth.
And lastly, it’s Marvelous Monday because I am needed. I’m needed as a wife, daughter, friend, sister, and woman of faith. I need to remember this. In fact, it’s my goal for November. My one and only goal. To not only remember my roles, but to embrace them, and be thankful for them.
Okay, attitude check complete.
Did you need a Marvelous Monday attitude check as well? I’ll consider that a rhetorical question.