This Maple Bourbon Glazed Salmon is made with 6 simple ingredients for a heart-healthy gluten free dinner in just 15 minutes!
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons pure bourbon whiskey (See blog about gluten free)
- 4 Tablespoons apple juice or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 1/4 pound salmon fillets (around 16 ounces or 3-4 fillets)
- 3 Tablespoons roasted nuts, chopped and salted
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine maple syrup, bourbon, apple juice, and mustard in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer for 10- 15 mins (stirring occasionally) until the glaze reaches a syrupy consistency and reduces by about 1/4 the original amount. Meanwhile, prepare the salmon.
- Preheat the broiler to 525 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with foil or oil. Lightly sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper, and place it on a broiler pan. Brush a small amount of glaze on top of the salmon. Don’t worry if the glaze isn’t thick yet.
- Place the pan in the oven, and broil it 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes. Remove the salmon from the oven.
- Brush each salmon fillet with an additional 2 Tablespoons of the glaze, and place them back in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes or until the center is no longer pink.
- While the salmon is baking, add nuts to the maple sauce, and simmer it an additional 5 minutes before removing it from the heat.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, and spoon the thickened pecan maple glaze on top before serving.
- The internal temperature of the salmon should reach 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the sauce is thin, don’t worry. It will thicken when removed from heat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Meal
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 fillet with glaze
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 10.6 g
- Sodium: 155.9 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 25.7 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: gluten free, salmon, dairy free, fish, dinner, minimal ingredients