A month ago I wrote a post about my Spring Fitness routine and why I focus on a “vision’’ versus a specific goal. Well, a month has passed and that vision is still going strong!
My dad is still running (trails) and I’m happy to be his sherpa sidekick. We’ve got a long way to go, but slow and steady is best to keep him (us) injury free.
My other vision had to do with teaching my strength and outdoor fitness classes. Now don’t get me wrong, I love playing drill sergeant and motivating my class to push harder (when needed), but that really isn’t my purpose or my “vision.”
As a fitness instructor, I want my class to LEARN! As a fitness instructor, I want to do more than just instruct, I want to continue to learn myself so that I can TEACH what is valuable and beneficial!
I want to teach them how to create their own workouts for strength, cardio, or for when they travel.
I want to teach them to LOVE burpees for it’s FULL BODY benefit. Yes, burpees are seriously the best move for you –> cardio and strength and core!
I want to teach them why we do funny looking exercises, like the ones that make you squat like a frog. And then everyone wonders…… what the heck does this work?
Side note: Froggy squat with extension is a GREAT move for hamstrings and inner thigh work. See video for full move!
Starting Froggy position is like this –> see video for full move
I want to teach them that you can work your core more when you engage it with each exercise and that crunches are not needed.
And lastly, I want them to learn to LOVE putting on workout clothes and having a game plan, a purpose.
Nowadays the workout clothes and gear are fashionable, comfortable, flattering, supportive, and darn right motivating!
And thanks to Adidas, I feel like I can do my job better. Because let’s face it, the clothes really do make the girl (or my case, teacher). Am I right?
Here my top three picks you’ll see me regularly sporting at gym!
1.ULTIMATE TWIST SPORT TANK TOP – Love this top! It has full support built in, is made with climalite® fabric that keeps sweat away from your skin, and the straps come around the neck and them form one T strap in back. That’s probably my favorite feature. It feels so light and easy to move in.
2. ENERGY BOOSTS RUNNING SHOES– I talked about these shoes in my last post, but this time I’ve had more time to demo them. Still love them! I wore them on the trails (see above) and while teaching. I love the “spring in your step” that you get with these shoes. And I was impressed how well the held up on the trails.
3. CHEVRON SHORTS– Wow, these are incredibly light weight and perfect for outdoor training. They are made with climalite fabric to keep sweat off and even have a hidden zipper on the side seam, which I didn’t even notice until I examined them up close. The inner brief is very light material and doesn’t bind when you move, which is a huge plus!
Adidas Women designs innovative performance products to help women commit to their best self and conquer their fitness goals. We inspire women to look and feel their best, so kick-start your workout today with new styles from @adidasWomen. It’s time to #committomore www.adidas.com/women
Do you make your workout purposeful? What’s your favorite piece of workout gear this month?
Corny Cotter (LC)
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by adidas via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of adidas.