Today I had my long run….in the kitchen. You know, my cardio I talked about it my last post. Yes, this long run was based in the kitchen and boy was it work. But the runners baker’s high was well worth it!
Any guesses? I’ll give you a hint, there is dark chocolate.
And with each “long run” (in the kitchen), we learn something new.
- Wear comfy shoes
- Refuel halfway
- Don’t forget to buy extra rolls of paper towels and wax paper
- Make sure you have a really good long movie on.
- Don’t answer your phone with honey and peanut butter on your fingers.
- In fact, don’t rub your eye with peanut butter and honey on your fingers.
- Don’t bother wearing an apron, batter will always gets on your sleeves.
- Call for back up when you drop some on the floor. (aka Sadie)
- And last but not least………beg the hubs to clean the kitchen afterwards.
If begging doesn’t work, just offer him a few treats.
Apple Fritter, Peach Cobbler a La Mode, and the Mystery bite.
Do you have lessons from your last long run?
And when I say “run” I mean whatever activity that took you hours to complete.
Good luck to all the NYC marathoners tomorrow and congrats to all those who raced today. I know there were quite a few!